Pinned JWMB sponsors a Walk Of Fame block

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 77 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by chester7777.

• Re: JWMB sponsors a Walk Of Fame block

Anticipating that we may not reach our initial goal of $2500, we thought we should add a poll of the movie titles that are available with the purchase of a $1500 granite block. That way, our members can offer up an opinion. If our donations hit $2000, I will adjust the poll accordingly.

So scroll to the top of this thread, look over the titles in the poll, and vote for the one you would like to see immortalized along with the JWMB name.

Thanks for your input!

Chester :newyear:

Cindyrella wrote:

I chose The Alamo because it was closest to Duke's heart and he put so much into making it.

In looking over the list, I was trying to decide how to choose, and I came upon the same reason as you, Cindy. The Alamo was a labor of love for John Wayne, and honestly, even before I read your post, the words "near and dear to his heart" were what came to my mind.

Now we just need to get together the rest of the $$$ to pull this off.

If there happens to be a rush of money at the end :hyper:, we could be in the enviable position of having to decide whether to go for the bigger block (where the poll indicates the choice would be Red River), or go for the smaller block (The Alamo so far) and just donate the balance of the money. Hm-m-m-m-m . . . decisions, decisions, decisions.

Hi Ya'll,

Chester, given the choices of Red River and The Alamo, it not hard for me to choose. I'd much rather have one Duke was passionate about. So I'd have to say in this situation, size does not matter....:wink_smile:

Go for The Alamo and donate the rest. Or get The Alamo and a few small bricks simply with JWMB Forever True To The Duke on them...Just a suggestion...I think it'd be cool to have more than one brick/block from us....:hyper:

Cindyrella wrote:

Hi Ya'll,
      Or get The Alamo and a few small bricks simply with JWMB Forever True To The Duke on them...Just a suggestion...I think it's be cool to have more than one brick/block from us....

Hey, We LIKE that idea, the more the merrier

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

chester7777 wrote:

In looking over the list, I was trying to decide how to choose, and I came upon the same reason as you, Cindy. The Alamo was a labor of love for John Wayne, and honestly, even before I read your post, the words "near and dear to his heart" were what came to my mind.

Now we just need to get together the rest of the $$$ to pull this off.

If there happens to be a rush of money at the end :hyper:, we could be in the enviable position of having to decide whether to go for the bigger block (where the poll indicates the choice would be Red River), or go for the smaller block (The Alamo so far) and just donate the balance of the money. Hm-m-m-m-m . . . decisions, decisions, decisions.

CHESTER! ALL THE TRIBUTE BLOCKS ARE THE SAME SIZE 16X16.
      WHITE GRANITE $2,500
      BLACK GRANITE $2,000
      RED GRANITE $1,500
      SANDSTONE GRANITE $1,000
      I hope we can get the 1,500 dollar one with the Alamo as I also believe it was his act of love.
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

BILL OF PA wrote:

CHESTER! ALL THE TRIBUTE BLOCKS ARE THE SAME SIZE 16X16.
      WHITE GRANITE $2,500
      BLACK GRANITE $2,000
      RED GRANITE $1,500
      SANDSTONE GRANITE $1,000
      I hope we can get the 1,500 dollar one with the Alamo as I also believe it was his act of love.

Bill,

Yes, I know the blocks are the same size, just different colors to designate the level of donation. It sure is looking like the $1500 block is very likely. And it looks like The Alamo is a top choice!

Hey Guys (& Gals),

We are in the home stretch with just over 10 days left until the close (May 19th). We are sitting at 45% of our original goal amount of $2500, so we have some distance to go. But, where ever we end up will be an amazing feat, and a feat we all can be proud of!
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

Hey Gang,

Just an update.

We're getting real close to the finish line, and we're only 11% away! We are currently at $1335 (89%) of the $1500 goal. If your interested in helping the cause then this is the time to do it, because we're in the eleventh hour. We would like to purchase the block sometime mid-week so that it's done before next weekends birthday celebration in Winterset.

Bill Of Pa has agreed to be our representative in Winterset, and he will update us (as time permits) from Winterset.
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

.. ..