Most Disappointing Movie You Ever Saw.

There are 84 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,890 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Have to agree with Chester on Star Trek movies. None of them have ever matched the series. The first Star Wars movie was great. The second was average the third starred
    relatives of Fuzzy Bear. The latter three were a waste of space.

Looked forward to Planet of The Apes movie. Couldnt believe you could make a bad movie
    but Burton did.

Waited 18 years to see Citizen Kane and when I finally saw it what was so great about it
    why all the hype.

The first time I saw Bullitt I couldnt get what was so great about it but I did grow to love it.

Most disappointing movie has to be 2001 what a load of tosh. After that I discovered most movies made by Kubrick were the same. The Shining bored me to tears. His only good ones were Spartacus really a Douglas movie and The Killing which he made early on before everyone hyped him up as great director.

• I'd forgotten about the newest Star Wars trilogy. I think Lucas made them only so he could get mega-richer off of all the toys it spawned. I only saw the first new Star Wars movie and did not care for it. Never saw the other two so can't comment on them.

For anyone who watched all three of the new S/W movies, was that stupid character: Jar Jar Binks? in all of them? If so, i'll never watch the final two. As for the original three-those were and still are some great movies.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Jar Jar Binks? must be the most universally disliked character Lucas ever created. I know no one who liked him. Yeks, just think there must be millions of figures of him in some dusty warehouse just beside Howard the Duck ones.

Has anyone ever seen that movie???

• Hi Mike and good grief! I've not heard of anything about that BOMB in many-a-years. Heh heh, I bet your right though, must be millions of Binks toys left in some crumbling old dusty warehouse somewhere. I'd have liked that character if they had only used it for a few minutes in the one and only film I saw it in.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Not to show to much about my movie taste, but I like Howard the Duck... of course I didn't pay to see it.. maybe that helped...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I agree with dukepilgrim, kubric is over hyped, however I love dr strangelove, but I am a big peter sellers fan. Did anyone see Daredevil with ben afflek? I thought that one wasn't worth the lousy six bucks i spent on it

[SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]

• I doubt Lucas will ever let Howard The Duck out on DVD so no doubt it will become the new cult classic to replace Plan 9 from Outer Space. Mind you Willow wasnt to far behind it in terms of badness.

Yes, I would accept Dr Strangelove was saved by the many manic performances of Peter Sellers. I think Slim Pickens was the highlight.

I have never been sold to much on the Bourne movies. Too slick & unreal with bland acting.

Mike

• I agree on Clockwork Orange and for the most part Pulp Fiction although when John Travolta leaves his gun outside the bathroom I had to chuckle, Reservoir Dogs Vanishing Point the ending to Thelma and Louise Tommy

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I have to agree with the poster who thought that all of the hype re the Blair Witch Project was just that - alot of hype. I remember all of the hoopla at the time about it redefining terror and horror and I just left the theater thinking it was just plain silly. And nauseous after having to look at the jiggly screen for a couple of hours because it was filmed with a hand held cam to give it an authentic feel.

I'm not a big fan of horror movies in general - but I remember going to see this with high expectations and it didn't even come close.

I thought Pearl Harbour with Ben Affleck and Josh Harnett was a dog..!! An incredibly sappy love story with the bombing of Pearl Harbour almost a secondary thing in the background.

Batman and Robin - George Clooney's batman movie - was just plain awful. I remember reading somewhere that the movie single handedly killed the careers of Chris O'Donnell, Alicia Silverstone and Arnold Schwartenegger. And if Uma Thurman wasn't such a looker, it probably would have done her in too.

• With all the hype that preceded this year's Oscar winner "No Country For Old Men", I was expecting another "Ben Hur", at least. Yet it was a total disappointment, with plot threads wandering off into unexpected places and no resolution to those threads, Tommy Lee Jones mouthing platitudes and making no serious effort to catch the psycho killer, and the killer walking away free at the end.

I concluded that the Academy voters just decided it was the Coen Brothers turn to win an Oscar.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just wanted to say that "No Country's" main competition for Best Picture Oscar was a film called "There Will Be Blood". IMO, it was also a lousy movie.

• I liked No Country For Old Men,except for the ending which had me scratching my head like I had a bad case of dandruff.But I agree that TITANIC & PEARL HARBOR were big disapointments for me.Pearl Harbor was a love triangle interupted by a sneak attack.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• The remake of "The Andromeda Strain" which aired last week (an is repeating this week, as a matter of fact). The original is one of my favorites and this one bombed so badly I'm sorry I watched it. The special effects were not all that great and the writers introduced some kind of government conspiracy along with the inevitable "media must know" attitude into the mix.:vomit:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• "media must know" attitude

I thought that was "the public's right to know", Jay. At least that's what the media pukes are always tellin' us. :wink_smile:

Every time I see a movie or tv scene where a crowd of "journalists" and cameramen are thrusting microphones and cameras into someone's face, I almost throw up. And it's always worst when the reporter is asking the mother, father or sibling of some murder victim "how do you feel?" What an absolutely, totally stupid question to ask.

• For me absolutly ferrific were the remakes of planets of the apes and the timemachine-
    also bad-there will be blood-bandolero-and a western with dean martin and brian keith the title i dont remember-its abaut a big gun-duke and kirk in harms way was a no-good----

[CENTER][/CENTER]