Just saying Hello!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,721 times. The latest Post () was by Bek.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am relatively new to the site, but have been a huge JW fan all my life. My name is William and I live and work in Pasadena, Texas. I am a reference librarian for the city of Pasadena. I own (on DVD), many JW movies, with my favorite being Rooster Cogburn. I also make sure that the library has plenty of JW movies for our patrons to check out. While I do not collect JW memorabilia, I do have several framed movie stills on my wall, as well as the painting done of him in the late 80s, early 90s. One other note: I am getting married in July (to a wonderful woman who loves JW), and the place we are getting married at is in Baytown, Texas. Part of The Hellfighters (which I have never seen all of), was shot across the road from this place.

• Hello and welcome to the board. Hotspur8. Glad you found us. Jump right in and get to know the board. Great bunch of fans here. Check out the trivia forum and play one of our games in there. You're a lucky man, getting to marry a Duke fan who you don't have to convert. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I can't say that JW is her favorite actor, but she grew up watching his movies because her dad is such a big fan. Her favorite JW movie is "The Quiet Man", One other trivia note. My future wife and I were both history students at Sam Houston State, where we both worked for James Olson, whose book on JW is one of the best.

• Howdy, Hotspur8 - glad to see another Texan aboard. Welcome to the friendliest spot on the internet. And congratulations on your upcoming marriage. You'll find lots to interest you as a John Wayne fan (and your future wife as well).
    Visit often and join in!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• William (aka Hotspur8),

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind on the net! We have a fun, friendly bunch, and plenty of information about John Wayne and his movies (check out the Duke Movie Forum for a comprehensive collection of threads about many of Duke's movies, chock full of information, pictures, and opinions).

We hope your wife-to-be will join you here on the board - it would be nice to have another Mr.&Mrs. team here . . . it's so romantic . . . well, at least a fun bonding experience :yeaahh:.

How nice it will be to have a father-in-law who shares a liking for John Wayne! Does he get on the computer at all? It could be a real family affair.

We look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hello William and welcome to the site. Congrats on you marriage, any women that likes the Duke is alright in my book!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• welcome hotspur8 (aka william)

just thought i would join the gang in saying welcome, we are a friendly mob and get along like any family with our ups and downs. just join in and enjoy yourself. congrats on your up and coming wedding hope the day shines for you both

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Welcome to the JWMB William!

There's a real friendly bunch of folks here that are very knowledgable, and I've learnt an amazing amount of things from then.

It's pretty much one big family on here, so welcome to the JWMB family :)

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]