Candy's Man

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,451 times. The latest Post () was by BILL OF PA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello all,
    I am a newbie to this message board. I am a 45 year old avid John Wayne movie fan in Texas. I have 90 John Wayne DVDs and another 22 movies recorded from AMC or TCM.
    I just recently read Aissa Wayne's book and I am curious about the movie she says he wanted to make before he died. Apparently he wanted to make "Candy's Man" with Ron Howard. Does anyone know if this movie was ever made by someone else? What was it about?

Thanks!
    Yakima

• first off welcome!
    i don't know the answer to your question, but i have a friend who might know. i do know he liked ron and did want to make another film with him.but someone out there in DUKE land may have this knowedge.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I had always heard that the film Duke was planing on doing with Ron Howard was going to be called Beau John, based on the book of the same name by Buddy Atkinson. Of course, his declining health prevented it from being made, as he was just too sick to work those last few years of his life.

Check out this old thread for more:

http://www.dukewayne.com/showthread.php?t=2154

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Yakima1,

WELCOME to The Original John Wayne Message Board! We're happy to have you aboard!

Around here, there is usually someone who can answer your question, sometimes quickly (as was the case here - thanks to ejgreen!).

You will find this to be a friendly and knowledgeable bunch. Stick around and join in the fun and conversation!

Looking forward to seeing you around,

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: