'Hello' from Boz & Anita in Leeds, England

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,474 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi!
    We live in Yorkshire ,in England, & one of the reasons we're together is John Wayne. We met online, on a dating site, but it wasn't till Boz was invited to my home & he saw all the John Wayne videos, that we realised how much we had in common!! We are both looking forward to sharing our appreciation of John Wayne & his films.:teeth_smile: Although we know this must have been 'done to death', we wondered which was everyones favourite film? So many I know, but mine is.............'The Searchers'................ or is it 'True Grit', maybe 'The Cowboys', can't wait to start comparing thoughts!!!!! We have a daughter who is only two years old, named after relatives, gutted that if she were a boy she would've been Ethan!!!! We have dogs named 'Reuben' & 'Jake'. so 'Hello' from us.:biggrin:

• Boz and Anita,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We're mighty glad to have you join us. As you will quickly learn, we have a fairly large contingent of members from the UK and Ireland, so you are in mighty good company.

Though my user name indicates one person, I hang out here with my little Mrs., and we have a good time together. Unlike you folks, we grew to love John Wayne together in just the past few years, having opportunity to watch many of his movies as a result of inexpensive videos and DVDs. Then we started searching the Internet, and back in '03, we landed here and have been here ever since.

We are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch, and quite a bit of work has gone into this place. Please check out the Duke Movies forum, where there is a thread dedicated to most of JW's movies (generally the ones that are available to be seen, for the most part). That work was done by moderator ethanedwards (aka Keith Law), one of our UK members. He also put together threads on many co-stars, in the Pals of the Saddles forums.

Check around in the different forums and we're sure you'll find discussions to join in. There are different threads in the Newbie forum that will give us an opportunity to know you better (and you can learn about us, too!)

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you around here often!

Welcome!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Boz and Anita

I'm from Portsmouth and I would also endorse the above comments and welcome you to the site. Hope you get to like us and enjoy yourself.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hello and welcome to the forum. You hit the jackpot if you like being among other Duke fans. You'll be up to your neck and then some. Jump in and start enjoying yourselves.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello, Boz & Anita. Welcome to our friendly site devoted to fans, such as yourselves, of John Wayne. We think you'll find a lot to like here, so stick around and have fun. Jump in - the water's fine.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thanks to everyone, it does seem a very friendly place!! We haven't explored properly yet, there's so much to read, I think we'll have to take a week off work!!! We've made a start (already managed to make a 'boo boo' but was kindly 'rescued' by Chester :wink_smile:). but we will learn!!! Thanks again, to everyone!

Anita & Boz