Richard Widmark

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 56 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BILL OF PA.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Richard Widmark

ColeThornton wrote:

It would have been interesting if Heston had played Bowie and Clark Gable had played Travis. It's a shame Heston turned the film down.

Amen, Cole , Heston would have been perfect for the part, and Gable would have been at least as good as Widmark.

Chester :newyear:

Hi all.
      Mr. Richard Widmark is a very loved actor here in Sweden too, not only for that he have a Swedish origin. In some year in the end of the 1980s, I think, he told his life story in a Swedish TV interview by Lasse Holmquist from Sweden and his wife Britt Bass from New York in America. He told that he was born as Richard Lund or some else short Swedish name he not could remember. His real parent should have died in some sickness or accident when hi was a very little child and been adopted by the Widmark family. That is long time ago since I heard that story about Richard Widmark and I hope there is someone who can fill up all hole in my story about his growing up story.
      Len

Hi Len, i'll have to watch my copy of a movie he was in which also had his Bio in it. I think it was an extra on the: Hell and High Water DvD. It's strange that you would mention that he was adopted? I don't recall that being told about on the DvD? If I get a chance soon to rewatch the DvD, ill post here what it said-if anything; about when he was born.

BY the way: Welcome to this fine site.

Hi

Nice choice of films. The Garden of Evil especially with a great cast. I watched it on TV a couple of months ago, the first ime I had seen it since the 1950s on the big Cinemascope screen.

Regards

Arthur
      Walk Tall - Talk Low

Hi Len, I have to agree with you that he was great in Alvarez Kelly. I don't have it on DvD yet but, sometime hopefully in the next few months I will ;-))
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Arthur, I remember that film well, after murdering someone he came out with a real crazy laugh

Good part for him, I have read at home he was a real dedicated family man

Watched a documentary about him not long ago and he came across as a real decent fella
      Windage & elevation Ms.Langdon, windage & elevation!
    • Minnesota-born actor Richard Widmark dies

We lost a golden oldie today. Great actor and another one that cannot be replaced.

Here is the atricle from the Minneapolis paper. He was born in Minnesota.

startribune.com/entertainment/movies/17018186.html

RIP Mr. Widmark, you will be sadly missed.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • Re: Minnesota-born actor Richard Widmark dies

VERY sad, sad news. Widmark was a great actor and kept me entertained for many an hour watching him in such great movies such as: Kiss of Death, Warlock, Garden of Evil, Judgment at Nuremberg, Time Limit, The Last Wagon, Yellow Sky, Pickup on South Street, The Long Ships, The Tunnel of Love, No Way Out, The Street with No Name, Don't Bother to Knock, The Bedford Incident, O. Henry's Full House, The Frogmen, The Way West, Panic in the Streets, Broken Lance, Halls of Montezuma, Cheyenne Autumn, Night and the City, Madigan, How the West Was Won, The Alamo (of course!!!), and many. many more.

A bona fide star and leading man in three decades (40's, 50's, 60's and even into the 70's). Shame he never won an Oscar (why the Academy didn't give him an honorary one before he died is a mystery).

R.I.P. Mr. Widmark, we're all sorry to lose you.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!