Duke's Deleted Scenes and Missing Footage

There are 89 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 49,778 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The scene from The Alamo you mentioned can be seen in The Directors Cut of The Alamo. And the only way to get that is either a VHS double cassette or a DVD you can probably buy off of E-Bay. And there is more to that scene. Emil Sand and his two cohorts get the drop on Crockett, Bowie, Beekeeper, Smithy and, Parson but, he ends up with Bowies famous knife in his chest to close it out.

WaynamoJim
    Thanks for your info.
    This book I mentioned was published in 1985,
    i suppose that the directors cut of The Alamo was released after that.
    My dvd of The Alamo have 162 minutes long ,I 'll search the scene.

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• H. Sanada, Like I said, you might be able to find either the VHS tape or DVD on E-Bay. I've had the VHS for years, when it first came out. I believe that was around 1992, I'm not entirely positive. The DVD I got off of E-Bay about 5 years ago. I think it's made in Asia and might be copied off the VHS. When I bought it, I believe it came from Singapore and it was only $5 American. For being so cheap, it's picture quality is pretty good and even has Dolby sound. What it doesn't have that the VHS tape has is the opening, intermission and, exit music and, the documentary about the making of the movie. Good luck finding it.

• Thanks a lot WaynamoJim,
    I have the ploblem of region code. In Japan region code 1 DVD can't seen.
    But, I am lucky because i have 202-minutes version laser disc set
    which is restored original directors cut version by 70mm print and dolby surround.
    Anyway, which version of The Alamo we must certify? It's difficult
    162-minute, 192-minute or 202 -minute version ?
    Perhaps, i watced 192-minute version in the thatre 1963 in Japan.

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Hi Robbie,
    I remember you mentioning these scenes to me before,
    but at that time, we had no idea, if there were any, or how to find them,
    I have also gone back and looked over your original thread,
    and moved it over here with your others.
    If you like, I could merge all the three threads,
    and make one STICKY thread relating,
    specifically to Duke's Deleted Scenes,
    and in that way, it will always be in topic.

If you would like to suggest a title, I will rename it for you,
    however you will still remain the author of that thread!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Keith

That sounds good, would it be possible to keep the bulk of the deleted scenes in the first post of the merged thread? I feel that the point of the topic would be diluted by having the information scattered throughout the thread.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie,
    I could possibly put the links to the deleted scenes in a Sticky thread,
    and form an ordinary thread for discussion.
    Obviously I can't delete, members ordinary posts.
    is that what you had in mind?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Much of the discussion relating to missing scenes,
    particulally The Alamo, has been
    discussed in an earlier thread.
    Much of which is repeated.
    We now have three threads regarding this subject,
    and I think for the sake of continuity,
    and to have all the information under one roof,
    I will merge at least the two Alamo related threads together.
    Robbie's threads may then be hopefully
    merged into one, when I have consulted him

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hey Robbie, I was answering a question from Jim in the McQ movie thread when I realised that the missing scene you have mentioned befor between McQ and Rosie the informant (you have linked to a photo of McQ holding Rosie down on his bed) is in the book. I had forgot about it untill now. The book is a novelization from the screenplay, so the scene must have been originally shot for the film and then left on the cutting room floor. But it still made it into the book. I'm with you in hoping that somewhere there is still a copy of that scene. Just thought I would let you know.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi,

Here's a couple of posts made in The Alamo thread made by,
    Myself and Waynamao Jim, which will note the deleted scenes from The Alamo

Old January 24th, 2006, 03:48 AM
    WaynamoJim

You're right Keith, it does. Wouldn't it be great if they found some more lost footage, especially the battle scenes I mentioned. There's even one, and you can see it on the documentary on the DVD and VHS Directors Cut that shows Wayne grabbing the head off a lance of one Mexican lancer and throwing into the chest of another right after he comes down from the flag pole hill. I also have a tape which I've since recorded to DVD of some home movies taken by one of the extras on the movie that shows Crockett on the flag pole hill and you can see the Mexicans flooding into the plaza from the north wall area. As it pans to the left, you can see Mexicans on the southwest corner begin to turn the cannon around to fire at the long barracks. All that film is probably long gone now and that's a shame. It would've certainly added to the scope of the battle.

This subject has been discussed in much greater detail previously in

The Alamo

PAGES 5 - 9

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England