There are 38 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 58,373 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm a Gregory Peck fan - hell I just watched "The Guns of Navarone", but my personal western favorite is "The Big Country".

We deal in lead, friend.

Oops, you just made a liar out of me because "The Big Country" is also my favorite Peck Western. Guess the others I named are 2 and 3. I also liked "The Bravados" and "Yellow Sky".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Peck was also excellent in the original "Cape Fear" and playing a Nazi war criminal in "The Boys From Brazil". I also love him as Ahab in "Moby Dick" even though the critics slammed him.
    Indeed, he was a liberal, but being a liberal in the 1960s is much different than is meant these days. Back then liberals were concerned with the civil rights movement, not banning prayers and the Pledge of Allegiance from schools.

We deal in lead, friend.

• In see Gregory Peck in The Big Country, I must admit that I really like this movie as one of my tops of Gregory Peck movies. Of course, my all time favorite movie numeral uno is To Kill A Mockingbird. But this western stands out as a brilliantly done western.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Macarthur! ONE of his greatest performances! The scarlet and the Black! Awesome! I liked the Omen too even though it got bad reviews.