Audie Murphy

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.
       

    There are 44 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BILL OF PA.

    • Re: Western Screen Legends- Audie Murphy

      i liked audie murphy a good actor.his best role was in the unforgiven with burt lancaster.most of his westerns are decent enough especially night passage,hell bent for leather,walk the proud land,drums across the river and so on.he is another actor that was taken well before his years.
    • Audie Murphy rides Pie

      Im halfway through watching Rose of Cimmaron, Audie Murphy, and couldnt believe my eyes, he is riding Jimmy Stewarts Chestnut Arab/ Q/Horse named Pie.

      Must have been before JS started riding him because i think only once did someone else use him in a movie when JS was away and when he returned and foind out he was not happy. JS rode Pie for over 20 years.

      I think he tossed Glen Ford into a tree when he rode him
    • Re: Audie Murphy rides Pie

      jessie wrote:

      Im halfway through watching Rose of Cimmaron, Audie Murphy, and couldnt believe my eyes, he is riding Jimmy Stewarts Chestnut Arab/ Q/Horse named Pie.

      Must have been before JS started riding him because i think only once did someone else use him in a movie when JS was away and when he returned and foind out he was not happy. JS rode Pie for over 20 years.

      I think he tossed Glen Ford into a tree when he rode him



      hi jessie would it be the cimarron kid(audie murphy) jack buetel is in rose of cimarron
    • Re: Western Screen Legends- Audie Murphy

      I thought it rang a bell Ringo so i had a lok in the cupboard in case we had seen it. What i found was "Unconquered' with Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard, i actualy didnt really like it much though.


      Audie Murphy DVD's seem to be turning up a fair bit lately in the $2 & $5 bins so we have grabbed them. We always have a quick look because often some very old and hard to get ones actually turn up.
    • Re: (New Review) Classic Movie Westerns- Night Passage (1957)

      I realize that I might be stepping on some toes here, but I could NOT stomach Audie Murphy.

      I "tolerated" him in the movie where he played himself "To Hell and Back," and I respect and admire him for his heroism and resulting accolades, but watching him on film is like enduring a 4th rate version of "The Music Man"
    • Re: (New Review) Classic Movie Westerns- Night Passage (1957)

      The Tennesseean wrote:

      I realize that I might be stepping on some toes here, but I could NOT stomach Audie Murphy.

      I "tolerated" him in the movie where he played himself "To Hell and Back," and I respect and admire him for his heroism and resulting accolades, but watching him on film is like enduring a 4th rate version of "The Music Man"


      Don't worry you're not alone! Maybe I need to watch more of his films to pass a proper judgement but on what I've seen so far I have to admit I agree with you.
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"
    • Re: (New Review) Classic Movie Westerns- Night Passage (1957)

      The Tennesseean wrote:

      I realize that I might be stepping on some toes here, but I could NOT stomach Audie Murphy.

      I "tolerated" him in the movie where he played himself "To Hell and Back," and I respect and admire him for his heroism and resulting accolades, but watching him on film is like enduring a 4th rate version of "The Music Man"



      hi Tennesseean, give him a try in a movie called: Bad Boy. It's one of his earliest efforts and he was not only good, but VERY good--I kid you not?
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: (New Review) Classic Movie Westerns- Night Passage (1957)

      Dooley wrote:

      Don't worry you're not alone! Maybe I need to watch more of his films to pass a proper judgement but on what I've seen so far I have to admit I agree with you.



      Hi D/ see post above--give Bad Boy a chance-and come back to me for other opinions of what ive seen of his and ill gladly give you a list--Audie REALLY was good. ;-))
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Screen Legends- Audie Murphy

      I myself liked Audie Murphy westerns. Plenty of action and good stories.
      If tou don't like him thats fair. Hard to believe but their are people who don't like John Wayne. But I think those people have a screw loose.
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''