Errol Flynn

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.
       

    There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Dooley.

    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      Dooley wrote:

      Olivia de Havilland had a nobility and purity about her on film which no matter how much acting training you have, you either have it or not.
      It's hardly surprising her best performances, imo, where as royalty or in aristocratic roles.
      The films she made with Errol Flynn still remain some of my favourite films of all time.



      Fully agree and I wish that had Flynn not messed things up by messing around--that they would have made a perfect couple. Olivia even made mention of that in an interview I saw her on. A friend of mine locally is related to the last wife Flynn had--Patrice whatever her last name is?? They are first Cousins.

      I also agree that I think Olivia's best movies were her with Flynn. The "look" to her I liked the most was when she was in: They Died With Their Boots On.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      The Ringo Kid wrote:

      Fully agree and I wish that had Flynn not messed things up by messing around--that they would have made a perfect couple. Olivia even made mention of that in an interview I saw her on. A friend of mine locally is related to the last wife Flynn had--Patrice whatever her last name is?? They are first Cousins.

      I also agree that I think Olivia's best movies were her with Flynn. The "look" to her I liked the most was when she was in: They Died With Their Boots On.


      Makes me want to dig these out right now and start watching them! The Sea Hawk is my all time fave Flynn film. I know Olivia isn't in that one!
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"
    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      Dooley wrote:

      Makes me want to dig these out right now and start watching them! The Sea Hawk is my all time fave Flynn film. I know Olivia isn't in that one!


      One of my all time favorite faves is Sea Hawk. Its included in one of the Errol Flynn Signature box sets. Ive got four of his sets ;-))
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      Dooley wrote:

      I only have 2 sets? Can't remember what's in both but I'd like to know what's in the two extras you have!



      Which sets do you have? I have both his Signature sets as well as his 4 movie Western set and the last set to come out which was the TCM Flynn War Movies set.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      Dooley wrote:

      I only have 2 sets? Can't remember what's in both but I'd like to know what's in the two extras you have!



      As a PS, Though they dont have them out as a set--or even on DvD for that matter--as far as im aware of--I would like them to put together a set of the Comedy movies he made.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Besides Duke: Who are your Favourite Movie Stars?

      The Ringo Kid wrote:

      Which sets do you have? I have both his Signature sets as well as his 4 movie Western set and the last set to come out which was the TCM Flynn War Movies set.



      I'll have to dig my box sets out at the weekend to see which ones I have, I know one is the Signature collection and have a feeling it may be Vol1 and 2 together.
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"