Dances with Wolves (1990)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 80 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hawkswill.

• Re: Classic Movie Westerns - Dances with Wolves (1990)

I agree about the first scenes if they really did happen Dunbar was a dead man for Johnny Reb was a better shot, but the divine intervention is a good point of view.

I agree about the movie casting the Indians into sainthood, but some did get along with whites well and during the Civil War blacks were given free passage through Indian country because of their plight with the white man. Not until the Black Pony soldiers joined the white man's army did the Indians start killing blacks.

Overall I still enjoyed the movie. I cracked up on the peace pipe exchange.

SXViper wrote:

Ouch!! Enough of the Costner bashing, gees!!!

:sport_box:Author assumes all responsibility for this post and can take any ribbing that people want to dish out!! hehehehe!!!:teeth_smile:

Hi Todd, im not Costner-bashing. I only posted what I saw from that other site as something to create a bit of humor. Also, we already agreed to disagree about how we both feel about Costner. I only posted my opinion of him. Sorry that is such a sin to do these days? However, i'll respect your wishes and will never mention his name again or anything about his movies.

PS, I don't feel that his name is "Mud," either. The above mentioned actor just hasn't made more than one movie that I liked him in.

Best regards-Carl.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Ringo Kid ().

Carl, I think you took my post the wrong way. I was kidding about the Costner bashing. If you read my statement ::sport_box:Author assumes all responsibility for this post and can take any ribbing that people want to dish out!! hehehehe!!!:teeth_smile:
      You will see that I was kidding right back at you and whoever. I know there are many on the site who don't like Kevin and that;s fine. I meant no harm and was just kidding right back to everyone else.

PS Go ahead and mention his name, it doesn't matter to me.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne

If Costner had more westerns under his belt, then I would say add him but, I believe he only has four, Silverado, DWW, Wyatt Earp and, Open Range. Can't remember him appearing in any more. Get another half dozen quality ones in, then we'll talk. Personally, westerns are the only Costner movies I really like. Waterworld and The Postman were ok but, all the rest, who cares. And that includes Field of Dreams

WaynamoJim wrote:

If Costner had more westerns under his belt, then I would say add him but, I believe he only has four, Silverado, DWW, Wyatt Earp and, Open Range. Can't remember him appearing in any more. Get another half dozen quality ones in, then we'll talk. Personally, westerns are the only Costner movies I really like. Waterworld and The Postman were ok but, all the rest, who cares. And that includes Field of Dreams

Not to get into a debate over Costner films but "Bull Durham" I think ranks as one of his best and one of the best sports films ever.
      -John Wayne

SXViper wrote:

Not to get into a debate over Costner films but "Bull Durham" I think ranks as one of his best and one of the best sports films ever.

I never cared for Bull Durham. I thought Field of Dreams was better as a sports movie. Part of the reason I don't like Bull Durham is I don't care for Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, though Robbins movie Shawshank Redemption was excellent.

WaynamoJim wrote:

I never cared for Bull Durham. I thought Field of Dreams was better as a sports movie. Part of the reason I don't like Bull Durham is I don't care for Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, though Robbins movie Shawshank Redemption was excellent.

I hear you on the Sarandon/Robbins thing but too me it is a classic movie with some really good characters in it.
      -John Wayne

ethanedwards wrote:

Would anyone like me to include Kevin Costner in the Western Screen Legends series? lol

Jay J. Foraker wrote:

A lone yea from this quarter, for what it is worth!

I say if our buddy Jay wants it, and Keith is willing to do it, go for it!!

Chester :newyear: