Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 74,234 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have read several posts about Mexican Meatloaf and Dukes Chili and Cornbread and am offering this thread as a place for anyone to post a recipe of anything they like to eat.
    Traditional family or something new to you. Bonn Apatite

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Simply THE BEST Frito Pie you will eat.

Not only is it cheap but easy to fix too.

1-Can (depending on how many you plan on feeding?) of Wolf brand Chili (no beans)

4-slices of American Cheese.

Heat up Chili until the slices of Cheese are melted. Then stir in as many Fritos as you need; and have at it. Man thats some goooooooood eating ;-)) and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and only uses one pot.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• You are making me hungry Ringo How about this to go with your frito Pie

TAKE ONE CHILLED WATERMELON & CUT IN HALF LONGWAYS.
    REMOVE FRUIT AND CUBE 0NE THIRD OF IT
    REPLACE CUBED FRUIT INTO MELLON HALVES
    ADD GRAPES KIWI SLICES AND CUT STRAWBERRIES
    POUR IN LIGHT RUM AND WHITE WINE
    REPLACE HALVES IN FRIDGE OR ON ICE IN LARGE COOLER
    LET SIT FOR 4 HOURS

CONSUME AND DON'T DRIVE ANY TIME SOON :drinks_wine:

• I had to check all three ingredients from Wikipedia in order to understand Ringo's recipe. That prompted me to think of something very simple and commonplace to me that anybody here very probably haven't eaten, and here's the answer:

1. Go to northern conifer forest in autumn and pick rufous milkcaps (Lactarius rufus, gor'kushka in Russian), a mushroom species that in suitable places is found in abundance. In Finland it is commercially harvested; some British fungi books mark it as a poisonous species, but it is just very acrid and may irritate stomack if eaten raw (the same way lots of raw garlic does to most people)

2. Boil the milkcaps (according to taste, the longer you boil the milder they become; I just bring the water to boil, and if I mix a minor amount of them with mild mushrooms, I don't boil them at all) and throw the water away

3. Dry them in frying pan and then add oil (virgin rapeseed oil is the best) and fry

4. Cut well washed potatoes into very thin sticks (almost like matches) and fry them

5. Mix mushrooms and potatoes, add pepper and soya sauce

6. Enjoy

Can also be made using salted milkcaps - salting is the most common way of preserving them for winter.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I could probably go for days posting in this thread, but I'll refrain.

Here's a favorite for a family dinner on a hot day -

Chinese Chicken Salad

2 - 3 cooked chicken breasts, diced
    about 2 pounds of greens, chopped (choose your favorite lettuce; I usually use romaine and sometimes spinach)
    1 pound shredded cabbage (around here, can be purchased in bags in the produce dept., saves time)
    dried Chinese noodles, about 3 to 4 cups
    approx. 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, well drained
    ½ cup sliced almonds
    your favorite oriental salad dressing (the one I use that gets the best reviews is Soy Vay Cha Cha Chinese Chicken Salad dressing - available to me at the grocery, also available online.

Throw it all in a BIG bowl, toss, and enjoy!

This is a recipe that lends itself to flexibility. Sometimes I used brocco-slaw (broccoli julienned, in a bag) instead of cole slaw, and a variety of lettuces. If you don't like nuts or mandarin oranges, leave them out. Add whatever sounds good to you.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Yours sounds great as well as I like all the fruits mentioned. :thumbs_up:

Another reciepe I can think of is-this:

Take two boneless and skinless chicken breasts (partially baked) make some white rice, then mix it with a can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup and place on pan, set the two chicken on the bed of rice, and then use remainder of chicken soup, sprinkle with some chopped Parsley and pour on top of the chicken-baking at about 350 degrees for about 30 minutes-take out and droollllllllllll.

PS, Cream of Chicken Soup is substituted for a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup-as I detest mushroom soup. :vomit:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• something nice in the morning -- Scones

combine 2 & 1/2 cups flour, 2 & 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 & 1/4 tablespoons of baking powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 a cup of butter, 1/2 a cup of raisins ( optional ) 1 egg, 3/4 cup of milk. knead cut into triangles place on pre greased cookie pan and place into preheated oven at 350 F for 12 minutes :teeth_smile:

• heres one for baked beans

in a ceramic pot or caserole dish combine 2 cans of kidney beans, two cans of pork & beans, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of of dry mustard, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt. Add two medium sized onions that have been pan fried in oil until transparent. Bake at 350 f for one hour ( first 1/2 hour covered) stir occasionally may require extra cooking time if drier results desired.

• Murray, those baked beans sound YUMMY!

Here's a sort-of recipe, because I'm just going to give you a basic plan, but you fill it in with your family favorites. I'm not giving amounts, because you make as much or little as you want. I usually make a BIG pan, for a crowd.

Mexican Lasagna

Ingredients -
    Ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken, pork - your choice)
    canned or frozen corn
    salsa - your family's favorite (I use Safeway Select Southwest Mild, so many are able to eat it - serve with hot sauce, for those who want it hotter)
    corn tortillas
    shredded cheese (I like medium cheddar, or a jack/cheddar mix)

Directions-
    Brown the meat, drain the fat. Mix with the salsa and corn (this is the "sauce" for the lasagna). Place a little of the meat/salsa/corn mixture in the bottom of a baking dish, enough to have a moist base. Cover with one layer of corn tortillas. Place a generous layer of the meat/salsa/corn mixture on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat with tortilla, meat mixture, and cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes in a moderate oven (about 350 degrees), until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Bill, it might take a while before folks get around to trying some of the recipes shared here, so don't take it too personal if nobody responds right away :wink_smile:.

So . . . you know how you read one thing on the Internet that leads to another which leads to another which . . . (you do see where this is going, right?) .

I came upon this, which I found kind of interesting, and thought some of you might, too.

Chester :newyear: