Share a recipe here

There are 236 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 74,241 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I plan to try it all and nothing could be better then having these meals to look forward to. hope you all had a good summer take care

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Well, I stumbled upon this yummy recipe recently, because we had an abundance of cauliflower, and it was a hot day, and I didn't want cooked cauliflower. The kids really liked it.

Bacon-cauliflower Salad

1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
    1/2 an onion, chopped
    1 cup cubed or grated cheddar cheese
    1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
    1 cup mayonaisse
    1-2 Tablespoons sugar

Gently toss the first four ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix mayo and sugar, and pour over the veggie-bacon mixture. Stir together, and let chill a couple of hours before serving.

The kids were skeptical at first, but they really liked it! I hope you do, too!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• The above reciepes sound good. My problem now is that thanks to recent surgery, I can't try anything listed for sometime to come. I THINK the first thing I will be able to have are Bills Flapjacks. (yum)

Heres a quick and simple one I always liked ANNNNNND so did everyone else who i got to try it.

A Sandwich: I use Miracle Whip as the spread for both slices of bread, place whatever lunch meat you prefer, then on top of the lunch meat, stuff as many Ruffles Potatochips on it, then place the other slich of bread on that and smash the sandwich down without making a huge mess and without ruining the bread. Next--you eat it. I had several doubters to this but, after I reminded them that all the ingredients will be mixed together in their tummies, they tried it and loved it.

Also, a good benefit of doing that is that you also keep from getting lots of oli residue on your hands (and shirt) and you can enjoy the whole thing all at the same time.

Sadly, I can't have that combo for quite sometime either.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Another quick, simple and cheap reciepe is my Pork and Beans meal.

Usually I usee a can of Van Camps baked beans, but lately I used Bushes Baked Beans. I also like to use two all beef or pork Hotdogs. Boil hotdogs untill they start to split open, then take them out of the pan and cut them into small slices-or whatever width you like best, then place these back into a pan along with a small can of baked beans, and just stir until hot.

• Another easy recipe for a hot day -

Pasta Black Bean Salad

1/2 pound pasta, cooked according to directions, then rinsed with cold water

1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 cup salsa (use your personal favorite)

1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice; I used a "Mexican blend" of jack and cheddar)

Chopped onion, to suit the tastes of your family

Salt to taste

Mix together in a bowl, let chill for about 30 minutes for flavors to blend, and serve.

Serve with some nice big slices of COLD watermelon! Great on a hot day, and if one is ambitious, the salad can be made early in the morning, in the cool of the day.

Enjoy!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• My simple "Chef Salad."

Do not, I repeat, do not use Iceberg Lettuce-use only Romaine Lettuce-which tastes better.

Finely shop up some Romaine Lettuce, then add as many baby Carrots as you like, then add in some Marie Calanders Croutons (if available in your area? which SHOULD be if you have a near-by Wal-Mart) then add in and mix some shreadded Cheese and then toss and add in Kens Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. Man that is some good eating ;-D

Forgot to mention that you can also dice up some cooked SPAM, Chicken, Turkey or Pork-if you have to have meat with it?

• Thank you sir. And I had never thought about the cottage cheese and hot sauce as a form of dressing. That sounds mighty good just now and when I can get off my diet restrictions, im going to try that out. Thank you for that recipe. :thumbs_up:

• Most of you people like Chester, were Sqeamish when I put this up before, and Now here you are talking about EATING RATS !
    I will take MOUNTAIN OYSTERS anytime before Eating RATS !!
    :yeaahh:
    As Rooster said before He Shot The Rat Eating Chin Lee's Corn Meal,
    "This Is A Rat Rit, Rit For A Rat!!!"
    :hyper:

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Rats--yuk!! My Cats will not even eat them. The Cats catch and play with them for awhile, and slowing torture tham to death-then they kindly deposit thier dead bodies right on the top step of the back door.

• Open a can of Grands Buttermilk Biscuits, cut the dough into tiny triangles, get those cute little sausages and place a sausage onto the small piece of dough, then roll dough over the sausage. Place in heated oven at 350 degrees, and wait about 12 minutes or until the dough starts browning. Take out of oven and feast. Man I love those things.

• Bill,

Something seems to be wrong with the link. Can you check on it please?

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."