Happy 4th Of July

There are 86 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,948 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My besy wishes to everyone as well, one of the best Patriotic days of the year along with November 10th(my personal favorite):hyper:

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• Sorry im late as well but, Happy Birthday USA, and hope you all had a great time.

Heh heh, sice Monday, we have recieved a total of about 22 inches of glorious rains and much cooler temperatures. However, the sun is out in full force today making up for lost ground.

For Jim & Sue:

Well, that Japanese Gentleman is no longer the Dog-eating champion -losing to an American. Whatever his name is--that guy packed away I think 65 1/2 hotdogs (with buns) in 12 minutes :yeaahh: I think that was he downed one every 10 1/2 seconds.:ohmy: He beat his old record of 59 hotdogs. :beer:

Dang, if I was hungry enough, the most I could eat is maybe 4 plain hotdogs. :shades_smile:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• For Jim & Sue:

Well, that Japanese Gentleman is no longer the Dog-eating champion -losing to an American. Whatever his name is--that guy packed away I think 65 1/2 hotdogs (with buns) in 12 minutes :yeaahh: I think that was he downed one every 10 1/2 seconds.:ohmy: He beat his old record of 59 hotdogs.

Yeah, we heard about it on the news last night. It turns out the champ is from San Jose, CA, which is only about 20 miles away! Here's a link to the local SJ paper, for a pretty good article.

And here's a YouTube clip with the last few minutes of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating competition, which was broadcast on, of all places, ESPN. Some of the commentary is kind of funny. For those who are easily grossed out, this clip is NOT for the faint of heart (or stomach). You have been warned.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

And just to show you how much this is an issue of national pride . . . here's is someone's creative tribute to the new world Champ, who brought the Mustard Belt back to the US. This will NOT gross anyone out :wink_smile:.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Chester :newyear:

• Hi all,

I'm sorry this is so late, but,

HAPPY 4th JULY.

To everyone across the big pond.
    I hope you all had a great day.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• TO ALL AMERICAN BOARD MEMBERS. HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A CELEBRATION.:beer:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you're all carefull with those fireworks! Remember...you blow your fingers off, you can't type anymore posts here. :stunned:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Dusting off this thread in anticipation of the holiday, one week from today . . .

. . . and here's a little challenge for our American members (an Independence Day quiz, with questions from the citizenship exam).

First I want to say that it says on the site, Our quiz is made up of 20 questions found on the actual citizenship test with a few curveballs in the mix. The ones I considered curveballs (and which I am CERTAIN are not on any citizenship exam) were near the end, and were among the five I got wrong. But a couple of the ones I got wrong are certainly on such an exam.

Mrs. C :angel1:

BTW, July 4th is also smokey's birthday!!!