Marisa Wayne

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by colkid60.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Ben Johnson

dukefan1 wrote:

I don't know about the height, Keith, but it sure looks like Marisa. But, I could be wrong. It's been know to happen. :wink_smile:

Mark

That is definitely Marisa, she was reminiscing recently about what a wonderful trip that was. They were there to honour John Ford.

It is very sad that we have now lost Dobe, pretty much closes the book on the stock company of character actors.

If you google for the video 'They Rode Their Trails Together' there is a reference to the trip and more photos.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Russ Brown ().

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Ben Johnson

Russ Brown wrote:

That is definitely Marisa, she was reminiscing recently about what a wonderful trip that was. They were there to honour John Ford.

It is very sad that we have now lost Dobe, pretty much closes the book on the stock company of character actors.

If you google for the video 'They Rode Their Trails Together' there is a reference to the trip and more photos.

Russ, great to hear from you again.
      Thanks so much for clearing this one up.
      I myself was also sure, after posting the photo of Patrick and Misha.

Thanks also for the link,
      and I have below where a short video can be seen
      They Rode Their Trails Together
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Duke's Daughters- Marisa Wayne

Cheers,

That is a great little video, some friends and I celebrated Dobe's life with a bottle of tequila while watching The Three Godfathers, Red River and The Searchers.

It was a shame they never let him live 'till the end of any of those movies, but equally ironic that he had the longest longevity of all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Russ Brown ().

Marisa Wayne talks to Cowboys & Indians Magazine
      about the legacy of her father, his movies, and family memories.

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbwhD6ijOSg[/extendedmedia]
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Marisa's life has got a lot busier since she made that video. She now co-owns a fitness centre in Costa Mesa, Orange County by the name of Grit Cycle.

They are doing well and raising lots of money for the JWCF with their regular fund raisers.

Yes, Marissa looks like John but, I always thought Patrick was very close look alike also. All the kids were handsome and looked very nice.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower
    • I alway thought Micheal looked the most like Duke.Marissa does look a lot like Duke also. They are all handsome/beautiful people.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower
    • Marisa- I agree with you. "The Quiet Man"- is my favorite movie of Dukes and of course Maureen.
      My wife and i went to Ireland in 2007. We spent 3-4 days around western Cong, the bridge and the Train station.
      Took a quiet man tour of Cong. Loved it, bought the music,have been on a sight like this one for the quiet man.I still watch the move at least once a year.The Irish customs and Actors are also a big part of the movie for me.
      I bought the Laser Disk versions of "the Quiet Man", also "the
      Alamo" love those lobby cards and big pictures. Also the laserdisk version of the alamo has the full 200 + minutes of the movie.
      I had it copied to DVD.