1. Josephine Alicia Saenz

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Duke's Wives- Josephine Alicia Saenz

Bill,

Regardless of the amount of tension that existed between the Duke and Josephine, their relationship brought forth 4 children into the world and from the viewpoint of the Catholic Church would have been the only valid marriage Duke ever undertook if this marriage was never annulled.

Their marriage brought some pretty talented people into the world and for what ever problems the two of them may have had, I'm glad of that.
      Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

Bill,

I don't know much about the Masons or the Catholic church. Without giving too much information that we are not to know is there some sort of friction between the two?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

Here's another shot from the wedding, with Loretta Young

and Duke and Josephine on holiday

What a happy couple they were!!!!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

Bill,

I don't know much about the Masons or the Catholic church. Without giving too much information that we are not to know is there some sort of friction between the two?

Hondo,

To answer your question, yes through out history there has been a great deal of friction between the Catholic Church and the Masons. The Masons are a secret society and the Catholic Church forbids membership to secret societies.

Here is a link that explains the issues.

showcase.netins.net/web/clearlight/mason.htmltldm.org/News6/Masons1.htm
      Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tbone ().

Tbone what you said about the Catholics and the Masons is true !

It all started with "Henry The Eight" when He Split The Church over His Wlves and The Church.

The Catholics have "The Knights Of Columbus," and must answer to the Church and The Pope, and the Masons only must Beleave in One God, and that is the First thing They ask you when you go into the Masons, Do you Beleave in God?

If you say No You Do Not Get In !!!

Duke Did Not Care for the Organized Church, but because His Family were all Catholics He would never say anything about the Church.
      Duke became a Mason in 1970 in Tucson, Arizona.

Bill

The post was edited 6 times, last by William T Brooks ().

Sorry Keith I wasn't thinking there.

In getting back to the topic of Josephine Saenz, I think it is reasonable to say the Duke wasn't prepared for living with a Catholic wife and that caused a good deal of strain in their marriage.
      Tbone

• Duke & Josephine in 1934

New photo found of Duke and Josephine in 1934, at Palm Springs. Note Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young also in bunch.
      Images
      • 1934- Duke & Josephine. Also Spencer Tracy.jpg

68.46 kB, 668×528, viewed 19 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by JamesMace ().

• Re: Young Duke & Josephine

Thanks for the pic, JamesMace. That was a very pretty woman. A shame Duke couldn't keep her. Just too much difference between to two. Love those swim suits.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Re: Young Duke & Josephine

For many years Duke said that he regretted divorcing Josie, even though he was uncomfortble with her Catholicism and her Catholic friends. He said it was the worst mistake he ever made.