Jennifer Wayne

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 69 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Sheilah06.

• Re: Duke's Talented Grandchildren- Jennifer Wayne

Girl's nite out,
      By Jennifer R. Hill, Jul. 23--A unique sound coming from Nashville's Music Row will be heard in Athens this weekend. Country music group The Girls, made up of three women with American icons in their family trees, will show off talents stemming from their famous roots in a 9 p.m. show Saturday at Limestone Tavern.
      Tayla Lynn, 28, granddaughter of Loretta Lynn, Caroline Cutbirth, 24, a descendant of Daniel Boone, and Jennifer Wayne, 26, the granddaughter of John Wayne, formed the country group last year and have been doing the "writer's round" in Nashville for about six months now, Lynn said.
      "We're excited to play in Athens. Our agent (Blake McDaniel) is from around Huntsville," she said.
      The eclectic group of women is produced by Skyline Music Publishing executives managing partner and writer Wally Wilson, and chief creative officer Paul Worley. Wilson is a Grammy-nominated producer and songwriter, who has written songs for Joe Cocker, Aaron Neville, Lonestar, Doug Stone, Linda Ronstadt, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Rascal Flatts. Worley is a two-time Grammy-winning producer and session guitarist who has worked with country music acts The Dixie Chicks, Big & Rich, Lady Antebellum and Martina McBride.
      "I've never been around anyone who has more star potential then these women," Wilson said.
      The past, present and future
      The Girls sound is a mixture of Americana, country and pop music with inspirations from Pasty Cline Dwight Yoakam, Tom Petty, Patty Griffin, Lori McKenna, Faith Hill, Alison Krauss, Lucinda Williams, Sheryl Crowe, and of course, Loretta Lynn.
      Their songs cater to almost any mood. The song "Coal Dust" gives recognition to the coal miner's daughter, Loretta Lynn. Lyrics from the song, "I've spent many a summer hour on a rocking old porch swing, just to hear my grandmother sing, about her daddy ... You can't stop a girl with coal dust in her veins," is laced with a smooth, slow, sound that seems to take listeners through the hills of Kentucky. Songs like "Girls Getcha Back," and "What More Do You Want," give The Girls a modern pop-country sound, while "If I Was So Bad," features their country trio harmony.
      Lynn said she grew up on the road with her grandmother, but to her Loretta's always been just the grandmother she could cuddle with on the couch.
      "All I wanted to do was be on the road with her," Lynn said. "She's just a beautiful performer."
      Cutbirth has songs on her MySpace Web page called "In the Meantime" and "I Don't Wanna Go to Sleep," that give light into the pop feel of the trio. While Wayne throws back recognition to her grandfather in the Americana song "God Bless John Wayne."
      Though Wayne never got to meet her grandfather who died in 1979, she said she feels like she knows him by watching the movies he left behind. She likes to watch his mannerisms, like his famous walk, on TV and hears the stories about him passed down from her grandmother, she said.
      The three recently moved in together in Nashville and fondly refer to their home as the "sewing circle." Though no sewing goes on, there is plenty of bonding over their common love of music, Cutbirth said.
      In November, the cable network Oxygen announced plans to develop a Nashville-based show called "The Girls." The network announced at the same time the development of shows "The Naughty Kitchen," featuring 20-something Dallas chef Blythe Beck, and the now on air "Dance Your Ass Off," a combination dance and diet show. However, a TV show for The Girls is not confirmed and it is too soon to tell at this time, Wilson said.
      Still, the group plans to begin the process of putting together their first album in August. They hope the new record will be out in the winter.
      Other upcoming shows are planned to include Thistle Farms Charity at The Frothy Monkey on July 26, PBR Nashville Halftime Show on Aug. 16, both in Nashville, and at the Tin Roof in Lexington, Ky., on Aug. 22.
      The Girls have dreams of stardom and sold out shows one day, but say for now they are right where they want to be.
      "I am absolutely doing exactly what I have always wanted to do, sing on a big ole or sometime really small stage, write music and poetry all the time, as a freakin' job no less and tour with my grandmother," Lynn writes on her MySpace Web site. "I love the stage, I love the stage, I love the stage, mission accomplished, now the journey ahead is just gravy, baby."
      Find The Girls online at www.myspace.com/thegirlsnashville or visit the group on Facebook by clicking on their link on The News Courier's page.

chester7777 wrote:

Thanks, Keith!

I wanted to mention that, in addition to a My Space page, Jennifer Wayne is also on Facebook. For those on FB, check it out!

Judging by the number of friends Jennifer has (over a thousand), I would say she readily accepts friendship requests - I am now friends with her on Facebook.

IF you are on Facebook and IF you are her friend, check her photos. There is one, a close-up of the earrings that Pilar wore when Duke won his Oscar. BEAUTIFUL!

Chester :newyear:

Just to update on Jennifer,

Her MySpace profile now has nearly 5,000 friends
      Jennifer Wayne

and her band with TAYLA LYNN and CAROLINE CUTBIRTH ,
      Stealing Angels

I still think of the times Jennifer contacted on three occasions,
      regarding the JWMB, and it was good to chat with her.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

Mother Aissa, Jennifer and grand-mother Pilar.

Jennifer with 'Gramps'

WOW!!!

With her 'handsome' uncles
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 6 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Duke's Grandchildren- Jennifer Wayne

Jennifer and her band
      Stealing Angels
      have just completed
      a new photo shoot,
      here is her new profile picture for Facebook and her web site
      MySpace-Jennifer Wayne

[/img]"]

Do you think Duke would have been proud???
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 7 times, last by ethanedwards ().