General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,130,747 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks nathan, gents.

Nathan, I had not known he was in Warlock, all the more reason now to but the DVD. Frank was also in a VERY well done episode of COMBAT along with Joseph Campanella. It is a season 1 episode called: The Medal. In it his buddy D'Amato-Joe Campanella) is killed after he attacks a German "Tiger" Tank and wipes out half a Platoon of German infantrymen. A German officer shoots "D'Amato" and then the Gorshin character arrives to see his badly wounded buddy, the Germans left the area because the Amis counter-attacked and Gorshin climbs onto the "Tiger" and fires it's turret MG and of course he is seen having chased the already retreating Germans away.

Hince the episodes title: later in the show he gets a "Dear Jo9hn" and thinks that if he won a medal that that would impress his love. It just so happens that orders from higher-up are that men should start recieving combat decorations so--he is recommended for a Silver Star and he accepts the recommendation taking the credit that his now dead buddy whould be getting.

To make a long story short, he gets badly wounded near the end of the episode whilst trying to help out Sgt Saunders who also had been wounded.

Anyway, Frank Gorshin gave an excellent performance in this episode.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• James Montgomery Doohan who played Lt Commander Montgomery Scott, passed away today at his home in Washington. He was 85. Mr. Doohan was born on: March 3rd 1920 (My Dad's Birthday) in Vancouver, BC, Canada. He died from Pneumonia & Alzheimers Disease. :(

Rest in Peace Scotty. :(

• AS A BIG TREK FAN I CAN SAY HE WILL BE SORELY MISSED. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE SCENE IN WRATH OF KHAN WERE HE HE IS IN FULL KILT AT SPOCK'S FUNRAL PLAYING AMAZING GRACE ON THE BAG PIPES.

AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET THE SOUND...

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Originally posted by ZACK613@Jul 20 2005, 04:50 PM
    AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET THE SOUND...

[snapback]19271[/snapback]

Rest In Peace Mr. Scott
    :angel1:

Baby Sis
    :(:(

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• A very sad day indeed. I grew up watching Star Trek reruns in the 70's my mother was a huge sci-fi addict if she was still around she would be very upset as I am. That is the thing about movies and TV no one ever ages and we refuse to belive that they do and when someone dies of old age we are astonished. getting old sucks!

My sincerest regards to the Doohan family.

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• Scotty,

You will be missed, and the second in the cast to leave us, first being Dr. McCoy. You added life to a very good series, and you are a fixture in the Star Trek family. I am not an official "trekkie", but loved the show when I saw it in the 60's and in reruns since. You making an appearance on TNG (Star Trek: The Next Generation) in "Relics" was a great tribute to you, and I enjoyed seeing the old Star Trek bridge again. That brought chills to me, as I know it did for you.

You may never be able to go back, but you have touched many who have gone back to see you in the shows of the past.

Thanks Scotty, and beam on to the great unknown.

By the way, we are sending your remains in space, the Final Frontier!

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Rest In Peace "Scotty".The only Star Trek iI ever watched was the original, and he was most favorite character by FAR.From one canadian to another Mr.Doohan you gave me many hours of enjoyment.

-IHW

• its sad to see another one go but he goes to a far far better place.

as kids we used to go round saying "beam me up snotty" what brats we were but those words will forever be with us and the memory of scotty twidling with those nobs to beam them up.

he nows joins all those who have gone before him

RIP scotty

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I just heard this morning that he requested that his ashes to be shot into space and they will be doing that later on this year. Sure would like to see how they do that, not to be morbid or anything.

Rest in peace Mr. Scott.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 21 2005, 12:24 PM
    I just heard this morning that he requested that his ashes to be shot into space and they will be doing that later on this year. Sure would like to see how they do that, not to be morbid or anything.

Rest in peace Mr. Scott.

[snapback]19315[/snapback]

A fitting farewell.

-IHW

• Late last night I was cruising the cable channels and one was playing a Star Trek TNG episode which had him in it. After that, a different Star Trek series was on and played an eposide that had them going back in time to when the Enterprise was at Space Station K-9 and had many scenes from the episode: The Trouble With Tribbles" integrated into this episode. They showed the scene where Scotty started the barroom fight with the Klingons. I normally do not watch any Star Trek series except for the Orign=inal and a few TNG episodes. Anyway, these two episodes airing were a tribute to "Scotty" which I thought was nice.

• I always enjoyed TNG compared to the rest. Patrick Stewart, as Picard, is I believe an even better captain then Shatner, not a huge Shatner fan.

-John Wayne

• May I also add, my tribute,
    to someone who was very much part of our
    earlier years.
    He was of course of Irish descent, and the Scottish
    used to laugh at some of his so called Scottish accent!
    The amazing thing is, is that 'Beam me up, Scotty'
    was never actually said in any episode.
    James, was also responsibe, for helping to invent
    the 'Klingon' language!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 24 2005, 11:41 PM
    I always enjoyed TNG compared to the rest. Patrick Stewart, as Picard, is I believe an even better captain then Shatner, not a huge Shatner fan.

[snapback]19403[/snapback]

I agree, Viper. I never cared much for Shatner either but did like Stewart in the role of captain. I also liked Data and Worf.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I have to admit I liked TNG pretty much as well. I never watched but maybe a few seasons worth of eposides but I plan on buying them on DvD when I can afford to do so.

I agree, Viper. I never cared much for Shatner either but did like Stewart in the role of captain. I also liked Data and Worf.

Yes you are right Stumpy. I believe the supporting cast was much better as well, except for Nimoy and Doohan from the original cast.

-John Wayne

• Hello All
    I liked Scotty and think he gave a major contribution to star trek who's popularity speaks for itself. Until he passed away I didn't know Scotty was from the city I grew up in. I think it says in the good book that a man who does a job well is fit to sit with kings, in my opinion Scotty will be sitting in good company now. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Sad to say that Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) passed away today. :( Rest in Peace Don, you will be missed. :(

I remember seeing him on an awards show that was on TVLand not long ago and I did notice that he did not look well then.