General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,130,893 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yes, another TV legend passes away. That was one of the funniest shows that I always looked forward to after school whiole I was growing up. Yes, it was reruns but I liked it anyways.

Rest in Peace Don!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• A sad day indeed. I still, to this day, use his line "Missed it by that much!" whenever I'm way off something. Don, you will be missed. Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I just remembered hearing a few months ago of his birthday and couldnt believe he was so old.

Rest In Peace, Agent 86.

-IHW

• He will be missed.

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• Darren McGavin, probably best known for his character "Carl Kochak) on his TV series: "Kolchak: The Nightstlker" Passed away early Saturday morning. He was born on: May 7th 1922 and passed away on: February 25th 2006. He was 83. :(:(:(

May he Rest In Peace, as well as his Wife: Kathy Brown. They both are sorely missed. :(:(:(

Hope this link works:

Imdb

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I will forever remember him from an episode of Magnum, PI where he played Mad Buck Gibson, Vera Miles' ex-husband.

R.I.P. Sir...

-ncb

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" is my all time favorite horror series. Darren McGavin was brilliant in it. He will be sorely missed . I will have a Kolchak marathon today to honor his memory

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Carl Kolchak was so great. McGavin was the perfect fit for this movie turn to TV series. I also liked him in The Christmas Story. He will be missed.

You know these people have not been around in the big or small screen for a while, and now that they are gone we seem to talk about them as if we had just seen them and they died. I will miss what they did in the past, but it was the long ago past. Saying goodbye in this case is only the fact that they are really gone and will do no more again on this earth.

Rest in Peace, Darren McGavin, age 83.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I do remember watching him in A Christmas Story. However, a favorite film of mine that he starred in opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger was: Raw Deal. He was an F.B.I. agent who's son (Blair, also an F.B.I. agent) was killed by the mob in the line of duty. He hired ex-agent Schwarzennegger to "get those responsible" in which he did in style.

• :( I sure feel really sorry for their Son -- losing both parents in a such short time span. I can DEFINATELY relate to how he feels. I lost my Father in 1988, Grandmother less than 6 weeks later, Mother on Christmas Day 1991 & 3 other's since then.

Rest In Peace Dana Reeve. :(:(

• My thoughts are with their son and the rest of their family, and it sounds you had a rough trot Ringo. :(

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Mar 10 2006, 12:40 PM
    Thanks Bek, and I didn't mean to detract from the Reeves though. :)

[snapback]28845[/snapback]

Ringo,

I don't think anyone took it that way; you were expressing compassion from someone who knows how it feels to lose both parents (and more!).

:wub: Hugs to you, Carl! Thanks for sharing with us.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hi Mrs. C. I didn't think they took it the wrong way either but, I did feel guilty of posting about my family instead of keeping it only about the Reeves. :) Thank you also for you sympathy to me because it does help to recieve it and I greatly appreciate it. :-))

I think it's my weak point though when I do hear of the death of someone, as I grieve for their families. I mean, that I almost take it personally. I never have been comfortable at funerals.

Case in point: Do you remember the recent deaths of those 12 miners in W.Virginia....and how the network news reporters had let it out that 12 were found alive. I was watching TV at 1:00 am when I heard that those 12 were alive and one had died. I remember really feeling good because of those who were reported to have survived because I had feared all had died. Well, I was still watching TV at 2:00 am when I went to one of the news channels and heard that the first report was wrong and that those 12 men had died.

Take care and best regards -- Carl. :)

• I am truly sorry for the loss of Mrs Reeve and her family. I couldn't find the date of her birth, all I knew was that she was born in 1961. But the other day I found that she was to celebrate her 45th birthday on March 17. What a loss, especially to her son, who lost both parents.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Red Buttons passed away today. He was 87 and died of liver disease -- according to the news blurb I just heard on the radio. :(

Rest In Peace Red. :( AKA: Private John Steele in: The Longest Day. He was the American Paratrooper whos parachute got snagged on a Church Steeple and who lost some of his hearing with the constant tolling of the Church bells.

"What?......I Can't Hear You..........It's Them Bells.....DING DONG, DING DONG...yavehhhhhhh."

Well, he is the second in a few days. The other who just passed away was: June Allyson on July 7th? or 8th.

Rest In Peace June. :(

I wonder who the "3rd" will be? :(

• I'm sorry to hear of Red Buttons passing, I've only seen him in two movies and I liked him in both.

Incidetally Ringo, Red Buttons also co starred with John Wayne in Hatari.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie