General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 2,955 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Big Jim.

• Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 21 2005, 12:24 PM
      I just heard this morning that he requested that his ashes to be shot into space and they will be doing that later on this year. Sure would like to see how they do that, not to be morbid or anything.

Rest in peace Mr. Scott.
      [snapback]19315[/snapback]

A fitting farewell.

-IHW
    • Late last night I was cruising the cable channels and one was playing a Star Trek TNG episode which had him in it. After that, a different Star Trek series was on and played an eposide that had them going back in time to when the Enterprise was at Space Station K-9 and had many scenes from the episode: The Trouble With Tribbles" integrated into this episode. They showed the scene where Scotty started the barroom fight with the Klingons. I normally do not watch any Star Trek series except for the Orign=inal and a few TNG episodes. Anyway, these two episodes airing were a tribute to "Scotty" which I thought was nice.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • May I also add, my tribute,
      to someone who was very much part of our
      earlier years.
      He was of course of Irish descent, and the Scottish
      used to laugh at some of his so called Scottish accent!
      The amazing thing is, is that 'Beam me up, Scotty'
      was never actually said in any episode.
      James, was also responsibe, for helping to invent
      the 'Klingon' language!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 24 2005, 11:41 PM
      I always enjoyed TNG compared to the rest. Patrick Stewart, as Picard, is I believe an even better captain then Shatner, not a huge Shatner fan.
      [snapback]19403[/snapback]

I agree, Viper. I never cared much for Shatner either but did like Stewart in the role of captain. I also liked Data and Worf.
      De gustibus non est disputandum
    • Hello All
      I liked Scotty and think he gave a major contribution to star trek who's popularity speaks for itself. Until he passed away I didn't know Scotty was from the city I grew up in. I think it says in the good book that a man who does a job well is fit to sit with kings, in my opinion Scotty will be sitting in good company now. Kilo
      Greetings from North of the 49th
    • Sad to say that Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) passed away today. :( Rest in Peace Don, you will be missed. :(

I remember seeing him on an awards show that was on TVLand not long ago and I did notice that he did not look well then.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..