General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,147,666 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Wow, it seems every time one of the great ones would pass on, I would think, Well, at least James Arness is still alive. Guess I won't be able to say that anymore . . . .
    May he rest in peace.

Chester :newyear:

I always had the same thoughts Chester. It kind of feels like losing a family member. There are not many of The Great Ones left!

• Clarence Clemons died.

It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Edited once, last by may2 ().

• peter falk has died today at his home in beverly hills.he was 83.he was great in the role of det columbo.rest in peace

• I never missed an episode of Columbo. Sad news to hear about Peter Falk´s death and to read that he was very ill in his last years. Rest in peace, Peter Falk and thank You for all the wonderful hours You gave to us as You played Columbo!!!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• don diamond sidekick of bill williams in tv series of kit carson and crazy cat in f-troop died on the 26 of june.rip

• Hi

Anna Massey ha s just died one of the members of the Massey family although she never appeared with Duke Raymond Massey was the villian in Reap the Wild Wind

RIP

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I think there's a little misconception in a couple of posts. Actor Don Diamond passed away. He used to play the sidekick on the old Kit Carson tv show. Carson was played by Bill Williams. But I think a handful of posters thought it was Williams who died and said RIP Bill. Should've been RIP Don.

And Anna Massey was the daughter of the great Raymond Massey and sister of Daniel Massey.

• Hi
    Anna Massey ha s just died one of the members of the Massey family although she never appeared with Duke Raymond Massey was the villian in Reap the Wild Wind

She was in Hitchcock's "Frenzy," a "Midsomer Murder" and "Oxford Murders," as far as I can recollect. R.I.P.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Child actress Edith Fellows, 88, died June 26 at the Motion Picture Home in Woodland Hills, CA. At 5 she co-starred with Tom Mix in "Rider of Death Valley", and later with Jack Hoxie and two with Gene Autry in '42 when she was a teenager.