General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,146,062 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• that is almost what i die of but mine was not cancer my immue system was bad it tried to destory my liver it and i was yellow all over even my eye where yellow. and other problems with my liver i had a liver bisop done. i have been in remisson since 1996. it started in oct 1994. that same yr i lost my first grandson.
    also. i do go mothly for check ups on my liver. last yr a sona gram on my liver and gallbadder that is when they took out my gallbadder the week before thanksgiving. plus i had my eyes taken care of also one in oct n nov. and gallbadder in nov.
    there seems to be so many of the great ones dieing.

Yeah, Karl, that's Robin Gibb. He's been ill for some time. Suffering from liver cancer, I think. Then he got pneumonia just recently before going comatose. His twin brother, Maurice, passed away a few years ago from cancer. And their younger brother Andy died yrs ago, drug overdose, I believe. With that, looks like only the oldest brother, Barry will be left.

• i use to watch this all the time it was scarry the first time i was in high school so i was not sure about watching it. but then after i got married this one just one of the soaps i watcheds.
    i also use to watch american bandstand all the time.
    there use to be a dance called high figh hope here in ks and i watch that all the time also my cousin use to win all kinds of dance contest.
    my older sister got to be on there once or twice.
    by the time i was old enough to go it had been taken off the air.
    but dick clark i watch all the time. and they new yrs eve he did every yr.
    so said to lose so many great ones. it sure makes you feel old.

RIP Jonathan

• Rest in Peace and Just read about them both even though I never heard of the guy.

Patricia Medina sure was easy on the eyes. I worked with a gal with the exact same name and who was also very easy on the eyes.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It's so sad about Junior Seau. He was a great football player. I will never understand how someone can take their own life. And I hope I never do. So sad and feel such sorrow for the loved ones left behind.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Goober died.

George Lindsey, best remembered for his role of Goober Pyle – cousin of Gomer Pyle – on CBS's rural sitcom The Andy Griffith Show, died Sunday morning in Nashville, where he lived, after a lengthy hospitalization, reports The Tennessean. He was 83.

Andy Griffith, 85, said in a statement that accompanied the Lindsay family's announcement of the death, "George Lindsey was my friend. I had great respect for his talent and his human spirit."

Griffith also said the two often spoke by phone. "Our last conversation was a few days ago. We would talk about our health, how much we missed our friends who passed before us and usually about something funny. I am happy to say that as we found ourselves in our 80s, we were not afraid to say, 'I love you.' That was the last thing George and I had to say to each other. 'I love you.' "

An Alabama native who was raised by his grandparents, Lindsey got the acting bug at 14 when he saw a performance of the musical Oklahoma!. He was a school athlete who also displayed a sharp sense of humor, and he went to college to become a teacher, according to the Tennessean.

While in the Air Force stationed in Orlando, Fla., he met and, in 1955, married Joyanne Herbert, and they had two children. The marriage lasted until 1991.

Before his long TV career, which also included another comic stint on CBS's Hee Haw, Lindsey studied acting in New York and played in stage productions there.

His survivors, the newspaper reports, include son George Lindsey, Jr., daughter Camden Jo Lindsey Gardner, two grandsons and his companion of many years, Anne Wilson.

http://www.people.com/people/a….html?xid=rss-fullcontent

• Rest in Peace George. I just heard before coming here. Anyway, it was good he had such a long career and though he wasnt my top favorite--he was good, very good ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• George Lindsey- the pride of Florence State Teachers College, now the University of Noth Alabama. Funny guy and leaves a legacy of giving to UNA and to the Special Olympics of Alabama. He and Gomer (Jim Nabors) both grew up in Alabama.

• Actor Yale Summers died. I remember him as the handsome man on Daktari.

Actor and longtime SAG activist Yale Summers died Sunday of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He was 78. Summers served more than 27 years on the SAG National Board of Directors, 18 years on the National Executive Committee, was national recording secretary and past national treasurer for the guild, and was an emeritus director and a past member of the SAG Foundation board and a trustee of the SAG Pension & Health Funds.

He also served 24 years on both the Los Angeles Local Board and National Board of Directors of AFTRA. He also helped found and produce the SAG Awards. Summers made his acting debut with a small part in the 1961 film Mad Dog Coll but did most of his acting on television, playing Dr. Bob Ayres on General Hospital, Jack Dayne on Daktari and Rodney Harrington on Return To Peyton Place.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/r-i-p-yale-summers/