General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,147,184 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I know she is not universally revered in the UK but this Yank will always have a grea deal of respect for her. The Iron Lady and Ronnie Ray-gun were the right leaders at the right time for both our countries IMHO.

• Spanish actress Sara Montiel, Hollywood icon, died Monday, April 8 at his home in Madrid at the age of 85, his family announced.

Sara Montiel, born March 10, 1928, was considered the most famous Spanish actress of Hollywood and turned fifty films, including several major commercial success. The actress, born into a humble family in the area of Ciudad Real, in the south of Spain, became world famous with particular Veracruz, shot in Hollywood in 1954 with Gary Cooper, then with the Violetera in 1958 and El ultimate cuplé in 1957.

Sara Montiel, actress but also a singer, whose real name is Maria Antonia Abad Fernandez made his debut in 1944 with a small role in the film Te quiero para mi before turning in 48 films until 1974. She had abandoned her acting career in 1975 to devote himself to the song.

Edited once, last by lasbugas ().

• Annette Funicello Dies at 70 After Long Battle with MS

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20201344,00.html

I was a big fan when I was a little girl. I named a doll after her. It makes me feel old. She was sick for a long time. Now she is at peace.

I was in love with her from watching re-runs of teh Mickey Mouse club 15 years after it went off the air. I didn't realize then that she was in her late 20s in real life. RIP Annette.

• Watched Mickey Mouse Club when it was first on. All the boys knew she was hot before the term hot was in fashion. We were literally watching her grow into that sweater back then. Might have seen her in a bikini in the beach mvoies with Frankie Avalon if that damn Disney guy didn't put his 2 cents in telling her she had an image to uphold. Still, she always seemed like a very nice person that never let stardom go to her head.

• Hi

Like many other people you either loved and respected her or hated her particularlily if you lived in the North of England. I suspect few will really mourn her. I remember the Falklands and the build up, whatever else she did she was on hand at a time when she was needed and put Britain back on the map at a time when the country was becoming a laughing stock. She may have been charged with closing the mining industry by taking on an defeateing the National Union of Mineworkers but they had to be destroyed if the country was not going to be controlled by anarchists.
    I am not a fan butshe may have considered at her fall from grace that she was bigger than anybody else and for that reason she had to go.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Guess what, Art? I didn't live in the North of England. :laugh:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Shows you how dumb I am....sure some of you knew that already. However, I always considered Margaret Thatcher in a favorable light......of course that is only because of what I read about her. Had no idea she was anything but. Always learning something new. Too Bad.......I liked her.....now, I don't know!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Shows you how dumb I am....sure some of you knew that already. However, I always considered Margaret Thatcher in a favorable light......of course that is only because of what I read about her. Had no idea she was anything but. Always learning something new. Too Bad.......I liked her.....now, I don't know!

I still like her and think those punks who made a joke of her passing should rot for a few decades in Rikers Prison. End of story for me.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I know she is not universally revered in the UK but this Yank will always have a grea deal of respect for her. The Iron Lady and Ronnie Ray-gun were the right leaders at the right time for both our countries IMHO.

Well said. May she rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "