General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,130,789 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, I really don't like that Georgia died. I liked the notice. She was in several show over the years, but I can't remember anything but Mary Tyler Moore.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Sorry to hear about the death of Tim Conway. I thought he was the funniest person on earth. My Mother and I would laugh till we cried watching him on The Carol Burnett Show.

• So sad to hear about Tim Conway. The man was a classic! Watching The Carol Burnett show when I was younger, he often had me doubled over, unable to breath. Rest in Peace, Tim.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• One yr. tomorrow since Clint "Cheyenne" Walker passed.
    I got him a Bronze Marker in
    Ft. Worth and met him a few times. Like Duke, both were a big loss for our country who we still need.
    Big Iron

• Dr. John, New Orleans 'Night-Tripper' Musician, Dies at 77

His spooky 1968 debut 'Gris-Gris' combined rhythm and blues with psychedelic rock and startled listeners with its sinister implications of otherworldly magic.
    Dr. John, the New Orleans musician who blended black and white musical styles with a hoodoo-infused stage persona and gravelly bayou drawl, died Thursday, his family said. He was 77.

In a statement released through his publicist, the family said Dr. John, who was born Mac Rebennack, died "toward the break of day" of a heart attack. They did not say where he died or give other details. He had not been seen in public much since late 2017, when he canceled several gigs. He had been resting at his New Orleans area home, publicist Karen Beninato said last year in an interview.

Memorial arrangements were being planned. "The family thanks all whom have shared his unique musical journey, and requests privacy at this time," the statement said.

Rebennack's spooky 1968 debut Gris-Gris combined rhythm and blues with psychedelic rock and startled listeners with its sinister implications of otherworldly magic. He later had a Top 10 hit with "Right Place, Wrong Time," collaborated with numerous top-tier rockers, won multiple Grammys and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

A white man who found a home among black New Orleans musicians, Rebennack first entered the music scene when he accompanied his father, who ran a record shop and also fixed the P.A. systems at New Orleans bars.

As a teenager in the 1950s, he played guitar and keyboards in a string of bands and made the legendary studio of Cosimo Matassa his second home, Rebennack said in his 1994 memoir, Under a Hoodoo Moon. He got into music full-time after dropping out of high school, became acquainted with drugs and petty crime and lived a fast-paced life. His gigs ranged from strip clubs to auditoriums, roadhouses and chicken shacks. The ring finger of Rebennack's left hand was blown off in a shooting incident in 1961 in Jacksonville, Florida.

He blamed Jim Garrison, the JFK conspiracy theorist and a tough-on-crime New Orleans district attorney, for driving him out of his beloved city in the early 1960s. Garrison went after prostitutes, bars and all-night music venues.

The underworld sweep put Rebennack in prison. At that time, he was a respected session musician who had played on classic recordings by R&B mainstays like Professor Longhair and Irma Thomas, but he was also a heroin addict. After his release from federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas, at age 24, Rebennack joined friend and mentor Harold Battiste, who had left New Orleans to make music in Los Angeles.

Rebennack, who'd long had a fascination with occult mysticism and voodoo, told Battiste about creating a musical personality out of Dr. John, a male version of Marie Laveau, the voodoo queen.

In his memoir, Rebennack said he drew inspiration from New Orleans folklore about a root doctor who flourished in the mid-1800s.
    Battiste, in a 2005 interview, recalled, "It was really done sort of tongue-in-cheek."

But Dr. John was born and Rebennack got his first personal recordings done in what became Gris-Gris, a classic of underground American music.

In the years that followed, he played with The Grateful Dead, appeared with The Band in director Martin Scorsese's The Last Waltz documentary, jammed on The Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Streetalbum and collaborated with countless others — among them Earl King, Van Morrison and James Booker.

Hollywood Reporter | Entertainment News ... 77-1216425

• Dennis Day
    The original member of The Mickey Mouse Club was found dead at age 76 in early April in his Phoenix, Oregon, home. He had been reported missing in July 2018 by his husband, Ernie Caswell.

Nearly one year since Dennis Day mysteriously disappeared from his Oregon community, the former Disney Mouseketeer’s body has been identified.
    On Thursday, the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that the body they had found in the Phoenix home that Day, 76, and his husband Ernie Caswell shared was the child star’s, Captain Timothy Fox of the Oregon State Police tells PEOPLE.

Oregon State Police announced the news today, as it took some time for them to identify the remains — first discovered on April 4 — because of their poor condition, which prevented them from using dental records or DNA, according to Capt. Fox.

At this time, it is unclear where Day’s remains were found inside the residence and if they had been there since he first went missing on July 15 — though Capt. Fox says the couple’s home was initially searched when Day disappeared last summer.

Caswell, meanwhile, who suffers from “age-related memory loss”, has been living at a care facility, Capt. Fox tells PEOPLE.
    The former Mouseketeer’s death is still currently under investigation by the Oregon State Police.

Different cites have this obituary up but they are mistakenly running a picture of the Dennis Day who was on the Jack Benny Show.

• May he Rest In Peace. It’s impressive in these days and times that he stayed married to the same woman for so many years.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."