General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,135,492 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Karl Malden 97 years old blimey that's a good innings.
    not got much column space over here due to the papers are full of some pop singer who seemed to be a bit of an oddball.

sad times at the minute with a few folk passing on

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Wow!

These celebrities have been dropping like flies lately... :fear2:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Hi

Karl Malden's obit is in the Times today, a great actor rip Karl

didn't know about Harve Presnell's passing but loved They Call The Wind Maria in Paint Your Wagon rip

We also lost one of our great character actresses in Mollie Sugden I doubt if you know her in the states but she appeared in one of our comedy series Are You Being Served.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We also lost one of our great character actresses in Mollie Sugden I doubt if you know her in the states but she appeared in one of our comedy series Are You Being Served.

I was a big fan of "Are You Being Served" and Mollie Sugden as the matronly thorn in everybody's side. The whole cast was a scream!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Henry Allingham the world's oldest man and WW1 veteran has passed away at the age of 113 at his care home in Brighton.
    His life spanned 3 centuries and 6 monarchs.

Rest in Peace Sir

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• We've lost a lot this summer, and most lived a long life that it was expected. Sad to see those we grew up with are now no longer with us, and they were a fixture in our lives.

I was not a fan of Walter Cronkite, but he was there for the times I lived for the first 20 years of my life. I lost total respect for this man after retirement and some of the comments he made. Had he died just after he retired, I'd respected him more. But he did what he did very well. May he rest in peace.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Henry Allingham the world's oldest man and WW1 veteran has passed away at the age of 113 at his care home in Brighton.

Rest in Peace Sir

Anybody who credits his longevity to "cigarettes, whiskey and wild, wild women" has got to be my kind of man (:wink_smile:). RIP, Mr. Allingham.

You guys beat me to the punch! I was thinking of Carl (The Ringo Kid) when I heard the story on the radio - he probably would have beaten all of us.

I guess the man held the title of "oldest living man" for about a month (I wonder if he was holding on for that distinction?).

Who keeps track of these statistics, anyway?

Anyway, may Mr. Cronkite and Mr. Allingham rest in peace.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Rest in Peace Sir

have been watching the news on this man today - what a hero he was and how modest and humble when speaking about his achievements

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• http://http://www.people.com/p…ticle/0,,20296525,00.html

The Breakfast Club Director John Hughes Dies at 59

John Hughes in 1992 Photo by: BerlinerJohn Hughes died of a heart attack on Thursday, his spokeswoman confirmed to the Los Angeles Times. The director was 59.

Hughes, who directed the beloved '80s films The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, was visiting family in Manhattan when he had a heart attack during a morning walk, the Associated Press reports.

The writer-director, who lived in the Chicago area and set many of his films there, is credited with making Molly Ringwald, who appeared in his 1984 movie Sixteen Candles, a star.

The last film he directed was 1991's Curly Sue. In recent years, the somewhat reclusive Hughes contributed as a writer to movies including 2002's Maid in Manhattan.