Robert Duvall

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,650 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ROBERT DUVALL

Information From ImDb

Date of Birth
    5 January 1931, San Diego, California, USA

Birth Name
    Robert Selden Duvall

Height
    5' 10" (1.78 m)

Trade Mark
    Very mannered style of delivery

Spouse
    Luciana Pedraza (6 October 2004 - present)
    Sharon Brophy (1 May 1991 - 1996) (divorced)
    Gail Youngs (22 August 1982 - 1986) (divorced)
    Barbara Benjamin (31 December 1964 - 1975) (divorced)

Trivia
    Lived with Luciana Pedraza for seven years before marrying her in 2004. She is 42 years younger than him.

Studied acting with Sanford Meisner at The Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York.

Fractured several ribs in April 2002 after falling off a horse while rehearsing for role in Open Range (2003).

Served in the U.S. Army (serial #52 346 646) from 19 August 1953 to 20 August 1954, achieving rank of Private First Class and awarded the National Defense Service Medal.

Received star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. [18 September 2003]

Was roommates and good friends with Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman while all were struggling stage actors in New York before any of them struck it big. Among the three, Hoffman and Duvall were known for their ways with the women, and Duvall and Hackman were known for their short fuses, which led to numerous bar fights. The three often bonded over elaborate practical jokes.

Can speak Spanish fluently.

Owns a large estate in rural Virginia, where some skirmishes of the Civil War were fought (he has found shells and other artifacts on the property). Some scenes in Gods and Generals (2003) were filmed on his land.

Being descended from Robert E. Lee, he can actually trace his family back to President George Washington. Washington himself had no biological children, but his wife, Martha Custis, did, and he adopted them after the death of Martha's first husband. Her son, John Custis, had a son of his own, Washington Custis, whose daughter, Mary Custis, was Robert E. Lee's wife. Interestingly, Duvall played Lee in Gods and Generals (2003), opposite Jeff Daniels, who had played Washington in The Crossing (1990). Furthermore, Harper Lee, the author of To Kill a Mockingbird, is also descended from Robert E. Lee. Duvall starred in the adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).

His favorite city is Buenos Aires, Argentina. He is an avid Tango dancer.

His father was a Rear Admiral in the U.S. Navy.

Was director Robert Altman's first choice for country singer in Nashville (1975), but he used Henry Gibson instead when Duvall couldn't do it because of the scheduling. (source: Nashville commentary track).

While a struggling actor, he worked at a post office as a clerk but quit after six months. He says he didn't want to be there 20 years later, still working in a post office.

Played ancestor Robert E. Lee in Gods and Generals (2003), when Martin Sheen was unable to reprise the role (due to his commitment to "The West Wing" (1999)).

In Gods and Generals (2003), played ancestor Robert E. Lee. The role was originally played by Martin Sheen in Gettysburg (1993). Duvall and Sheen starred together in the popular Vietnam War film Apocalypse Now (1979).

Appears in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) and Tender Mercies (1983), both of which were written by Horton Foote, and both of which earned him an Oscar for "Best Screenplay".

His father was of French Hugenot descent (with the family having immigrated to the U.S. in the 1700s), while his mother was of Anglo-Saxon descent, and is a direct descendant of General Robert E. Lee.

Has been had a role in more American Film Institute Top 100 films (six), than any other actor. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), Apocalypse Now (1979), The Godfather (1972), The Godfather: Part II (1974), MASH (1970) and Network (1976). Robert De Niro and James Stewart were each in five.

Shares birthday with Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) co-star Vinnie Jones

By having served in the military, he has earned the right, should he so choose, to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. That cemetery was built on land seized from the estate of Robert E. Lee, from whom he is descended.

His performance as Mac Sledge in "Tender Mercies" (1983) is ranked #14 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).

He publicly criticized director Steven Spielberg for flying to Cuba in October 2002, and vowed never to work for Dreamworks studio again.

He was awarded the National Medal of Arts in 2005.

His performance as Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore in "Apocalypse Now" (1979) is ranked #59 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.

A staunch, lifelong supporter of the Republican party, Duvall was personally invited to George W. Bush's inauguration as President in 2001. Duvall attended the ceremony.

Is response to Duvall's criticism of his trip to Cuba, Steven Spielberg defended himself by explaining that he actually went with permission from the American government as a cultural ambassador.

Was considered for the role of "Brody" in the original Jaws (1975) film.

Being a soccer fan, he supports the Argentinian national side.

Born to William Howard Duvall, an U.S. Navy admiral, and his wife Mildred Virginia Hart, an amateur actress.

Received an Honorary Doctorate of Arts from Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester, Virginia in 1998.

Ex-brother-in-law of John Savage and Jim Youngs.

Hosted a fundraiser for Rudolph W. Giuliani at his Hollywood home in January 2008. He later endorsed Senator John McCain after Guiliani dropped out.

Put up $5 million of his own money to finance The Apostle after it was rejected by numerous studios.

Travels to Argentina at least five times a year and has a home there.

He says the work he is most proud of by far is his role as the former Texas Ranger Augustus McCrae in the 1990 TV miniseries Lonesome Dove.

Has a family connection to two 2008 Presidential hopefuls. One of his ancestors, Mareen Duvall, is also an ancestor of Barack Obama. John McCain's family has been involved in the military for several generations, including an ancestor who worked with George Washington, to whom Duvall is related (by adoption).

Watched Broken Trail (2006) (TV) with President George W. Bush in a special screening at the White House. (11 June 2006).

Narrated a video supporting John McCain for the Republican National Convention in 2008.

Personal Quotes
    [on the reason he didn't appear in The Godfather: Part III (1990):] If they paid Pacino twice what they paid me, that's fine, but not three or four times, which is what they did. (Francis Ford Coppola) came to my farm, parked his car ... went in the kitchen. (I) said: 'I know you always wanted the crab cake recipe, let me cook it for you.' Oh, he loves to eat, so I cooked the crab cake... and he wrote it down ... and he forgot it, so he called twice. He was ... more concerned that he forgot the crab cake recipe than would I be in Godfather III. [January 8, 2004]

They should keep their mouths shut. - on Hollywood political activists

Being a star is an agent's dream, not an actors.

I don't think he was that great. He was good, but there was Brando, and there was founding member Steven Hill in the Actor's Studio, those were the two guys. James Dean came in third. Dean was talented, obviously. But he died at a good time. [On James Dean]

One guy asked me, 'How can you be an actor and be a Republican?'. I can vote either way. But how can you boil it down to political affiliation? All the atrocities against blacks in the South were committed by Democratic sheriffs.

Everybody likes to win. One of the biggest disappointments was when I didn't get an Emmy for Lonesome Dove. It's political. It can be a popularity contest.

[1983 comment on Francis Ford Coppola] Coppola's talented. I'm pissed that he cut a scene that would have given the audience an insight into my character in "Apocalypse Now," but he's talented.

I think I nailed a very specific individual guy who represents something important in our history of the western movement. After that, I felt I could retire, that'd I'd done something. (On Lonesome Dove)

There's a place called La Biela, it's my favorite corner in the world. It's a coffee shop near the Recoleta where Evita's buried. You can go there and sit in the evening, at 3 in the morning there are hundreds of people in the streets. And you can get up at 8 and go back and have your espresso. Going to Argentina, going to Buenos Aires, I like it more there than anyplace else. (On Buenos Aires)

I always considered myself as a character actor. I always try to be versatile to show different sides of human experience.

Salary
    The Godfather (1972) $36,000

Mini Biography
    The Veteran actor and director Robert Duvall was born on January 5, 1931, in San Diego, California, the son of a career military officer who later became an admiral. Duvall majored in drama at Principia College (Elsah, Illinois), then served a two-year hitch in the army after graduating in 1953. He began attending The Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre In New York City on the G.I. Bill in 1955, studying under Sanford Meisner along with Dustin Hoffman, with whom Duvall shared an apartment. Both were close to another struggling young actor named Gene Hackman. Meisner cast Duvall in the play "The Midnight Caller" by Horton Foote, a link that would prove critical to his career, as it was Foote who recommended Duvall to play the mentally disabled "Boo Radley" in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), his motion picture debut.

Duvall began making a name for himself as a stage actor in New York, winning an Obie Award in 1965 playing incest-minded longshoreman "Eddie Carbone" in the off-Broadway revival of Arthur Miller's "A View from the Bridge", a production for which his old roommate Hoffman was assistant director. He found steady work in episodic TV and appeared as a modestly billed character actor in films, such as Arthur Penn's The Chase (1966) with Marlon Brando and in Robert Altman's Countdown (1968) and Francis Ford Coppola's The Rain People (1969), in both of which he co-starred with James Caan.

He was also memorable as the heavy who is shot by John Wayne at the climax of True Grit (1969) and was the first "Maj. Frank Burns", creating the character in Altman's Korean War comedy MASH (1970). He also appeared as the eponymous lead in George Lucas' directorial debut, THX 1138 (1971). It was Francis Ford Coppola, casting The Godfather (1972), who reunited Duvall with Brando and Caan and provided him with his career breakthrough as mob lawyer "Tom Hagen". He received the first of his six Academy Award nominations for the role.

Thereafter, Duvall had steady work in featured roles in such films as The Godfather: Part II (1974), The Killer Elite (1975), Network (1976), The Seven-Per-Cent Solution (1976) and The Eagle Has Landed (1976). Occassionally, this actor's actor got the chance to assay a lead role, most notably in Tomorrow (1972), in which he was brilliant as William Faulkner's inarticulate backwoods farmer. He was less impressive as the lead in Badge 373 (1973), in which he played a character based on real-life NYC policeman Eddie Egan, the same man his old friend Gene Hackman had won an Oscar for playing, in fictionalized form, as "Popeye Doyle" in The French Connection (1971).

It was his appearance as "Lt. Col. Kilgore" in another Coppola picture, Apocalypse Now (1979), that solidified Duvall's reputation as a great actor. He won his second Academy Award nomination for the role, and was named by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most versatile actor in the world! Duvall created one of the most memorable characters ever assayed on film, and gave the world the memorable phrase, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning".

Subsequently, Duvall proved one of the few established character actors to move from supporting to leading roles, with his Oscar-nominated turns in The Great Santini (1979) and Tender Mercies (1983), the latter of which won him the Academy Award for Best Actor. Now at the summit of his career, Duvall seemed to be afflicted with the fabled "Oscar curse" that had overwhelmed the careers of fellow Academy Award winners Luise Rainer, Rod Steiger and Cliff Robertson. He could not find work equal to his talents, either due to his post-Oscar salary demands or a lack of perception in the industry that he truly was leading man material. He did not appear in The Godfather: Part III (1990)m as the studio would not give in to his demands for a salary commensurate with that of Al Pacino, who was receiving $5 million to reprise Michael Corleone.

His greatest achievement in his immediate post-Oscar period was his acclaimed characterization of the grizzled Texas Ranger Gus McCrae in the TV mini-series "Lonesome Dove" (1989), for which he received an Emmy nomination. He received a second Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe for his portrayal of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin in Stalin (1992) (TV), and a third Emmy nomination playing Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in The Man Who Captured Eichmann (1996) (TV).

The shakeout of his career doldrums was that Duvall eventually settled back into his status as one of the premier character actors in the industry, rivaled only by his old friend Gene Hackman. Duvall, unlike Hackman, also has directed pictures, including the documentary We're Not the Jet Set (1977), Angelo My Love (1983) and Assassination Tango (2002). As a writer-director, Duvall gave himself one of his most memorable roles, that of the preacher on the run from the law in The Apostle (1997), a brilliant performance for which he received his third Best Actor nomination and fifth Oscar nomination overall. The film brought Duvall back to the front ranks of great actors, and was followed by a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nod for A Civil Action (1998).

Robert Duvall will long be remembered as one of the great naturalistic American screen actors in the mode of Spencer Tracy and his frequent co-star Marlon Brando. His performances as "Boo Radley" in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), "Jackson Fentry" in "Tomorrow," "Tom Hagen" in the first two "Godfather" movies, "Frank Hackett" in Network (1976), "Lt. Col. Kilgore" in "Apocalypse Now", "Bull Meechum" in "The Great Santini", "Mac Sledge" in "Tender Mercies", "Gus McCrae" in "Lonesome Dove" and "Sonny Dewey" in "The Apostle" rank as some of the finest acting ever put on film. It's a body of work that few actors can equal, let alone surpass.
    IMDb Mini Biography By: Jon C. Hopwood

Filmography
    Actor
    1. Get Low (2009) (pre-production)
    2. The Godfather: Part II (2009) (VG) (filming) (voice) .... Tom Hagen
    3. Crazy Heart (2009) (filming) (rumored) .... Wayne Kramer
    4. Four Christmases (2008) (post-production) .... Howard
    5. The Road (2008) (completed) .... Old Man
    6. We Own the Night (2007) .... Deputy Chief Albert 'Bert' Grusinsky
    7. Lucky You (2007) .... L. C. Cheever
    8. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (2007) (VG) (voice) .... Tom Hagen
    9. The Godfather: The Don's Edition (2007) (VG) (voice) .... Tom Hagen
    10. The Godfather: Mob Wars (2006) (VG) (voice) .... Tom Hagen
    11. Broken Trail (2006) (TV) .... Prentice Ritter
    12. The Godfather (2006) (VG) (voice) (also archive footage) .... Tom Hagen
    ... aka The Godfather: The Game (USA: alternative title)
    13. Thank You for Smoking (2005) .... Captain
    14. Kicking & Screaming (2005) .... Buck Weston
    15. "The American Experience" .... Narrator (1 episode, 2005)
    - The Carter Family: Will the Circle Be Unbroken (2005) TV episode .... Narrator
    16. Secondhand Lions (2003) .... Hub
    17. Open Range (2003) .... Boss Spearman
    18. Gods and Generals (2003) .... Gen. Robert E. Lee
    19. Assassination Tango (2002) .... John J. Anderson
    ... aka Assassination Tango (Argentina)
    20. John Q (2002) .... Lt. Frank Grimes
    ... aka John Q. (USA: poster title)
    21. The 6th Day (2000) .... Dr. Griffin Weir
    ... aka Sixième jour, Le (Canada: French title)
    22. A Shot at Glory (2000) .... Gordon McCloud
    23. Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) .... Otto Halliwell
    24. A Civil Action (1998) .... Jerome Facher
    25. Deep Impact (1998) .... Capt. Spurgeon 'Fish' Tanner
    26. "Saturday Night Live" .... Various (1 episode, 1998)
    ... aka NBC's Saturday Night (USA: first season title)
    ... aka SNL (USA: informal title)
    ... aka SNL 25 (USA: alternative title)
    ... aka Saturday Night (USA: second season title)
    ... aka Saturday Night Live '80 (USA: sixth season title)
    ... aka The Best of Saturday Night Live (USA: rerun title)
    - Garth Brooks (1998) TV episode .... Various
    27. The Gingerbread Man (1998) .... Dixon Doss
    28. The Apostle (1997) .... Euliss 'Sonny' Dewey - The Apostle E.F.
    29. The Man Who Captured Eichmann (1996) (TV) .... Adolf Eichmann
    30. Sling Blade (1996) .... Karl's Father
    31. Phenomenon (1996) .... Doc Brunder
    32. A Family Thing (1996) .... Earl Pilcher Jr.
    33. The Scarlet Letter (1995) .... Roger Chillingworth
    34. The Stars Fell on Henrietta (1995) .... Mr. Cox
    35. Something to Talk About (1995) .... Wyly King
    ... aka Grace Under Pressure
    36. The Paper (1994) .... Bernie White
    37. Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (1993) .... Walter
    38. Geronimo: An American Legend (1993) .... Chief of Scouts Al Sieber
    39. Falling Down (1993) .... Detective Martin Prendergast
    ... aka Chute libre (France)
    40. Stalin (1992) (TV) .... Josef Stalin
    ... aka Sztálin (Hungary)
    41. Peste, La (1992) .... Joseph Grand
    ... aka The Plague (USA)
    42. Newsies (1992) .... Joseph Pulitzer
    ... aka Newsboys
    ... aka The News Boys (UK)
    43. Convicts (1991) .... Soll
    ... aka Horton Foote's Convicts (USA: complete title)
    44. Rambling Rose (1991) .... Daddy Hilyer
    45. Days of Thunder (1990) .... Harry Hogge
    46. A Show of Force (1990) .... Howard
    47. The Handmaid's Tale (1990) .... Commander
    48. "Lonesome Dove" (1989) TV mini-series .... Augustus 'Gus' McCrae
    49. Colors (1988) .... Officer Bob Hodges
    50. Hotel Colonial (1987) .... Roberto Carrasco (Luca Venieri)
    51. Apocalypse Pooh (1987) (V) (archive sound) (uncredited) .... Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
    52. Let's Get Harry (1986) .... Norman Shrike
    ... aka The Rescue
    53. Belizaire the Cajun (1986) .... The Preacher
    54. The Lightship (1986) .... Calvin Caspary
    ... aka Killers at Sea (USA: TV title)
    55. Waylon Jennings: America (1986) (V) .... Doctor
    56. The Natural (1984) .... Max Mercy
    57. The Stone Boy (1984) .... Joe Hillerman
    58. The Terry Fox Story (1983) (TV) .... Bill Vigars
    ... aka Heart of a Champion (Philippines: English title: theatrical title)
    59. Tender Mercies (1983) .... Mac Sledge
    60. The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper (1981) .... Gruen
    ... aka Pursuit
    61. True Confessions (1981) .... Det. Tom Spellacy
    62. The Great Santini (1979) .... Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum
    ... aka The Ace
    ... aka The Gift of Fury
    63. Apocalypse Now (1979) .... Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
    ... aka Apocalypse Now Redux (International: English title: longer version)
    64. "Ike" (1979) TV mini-series .... Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower
    65. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) (uncredited) .... Priest on Swing
    66. The Betsy (1978) .... Loren Hardeman III
    ... aka Harold Robbins' The Betsy
    67. Ike: The War Years (1978) (TV) .... General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    68. "The Godfather: A Novel for Television" (1977) TV mini-series .... Tom Hagen
    ... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather: A Novel for Television (USA: complete title)
    ... aka The Godfather 1902-1959: The Complete Epic (USA: video title)
    ... aka The Godfather Novella (USA: alternative title)
    ... aka The Godfather Saga (USA)
    ... aka The Godfather: The Complete Novel for Television (USA: alternative title)
    69. The Greatest (1977) .... Bill McDonald
    70. The Eagle Has Landed (1976) .... Col. Max Radl
    71. Network (1976) .... Frank Hackett
    72. The Seven-Per-Cent Solution (1976) .... Dr. John H. Watson / Narrator
    73. The Killer Elite (1975) .... George Hansen
    74. Breakout (1975) .... Jay Wagner
    75. The Godfather: Part II (1974) .... Tom Hagen
    ... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather: Part II (USA: complete title)
    76. The Conversation (1974) (uncredited) .... The Director
    77. The Outfit (1973) .... Macklin
    78. Badge 373 (1973) .... Eddie Ryan
    79. Lady Ice (1973) .... Ford Pierce
    80. Joe Kidd (1972) .... Frank Harlan
    81. The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid (1972) .... Jesse James
    82. Tomorrow (1972) .... Jackson Fentry
    83. The Godfather (1972) .... Tom Hagen
    ... aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather (USA: complete title)
    84. Lawman (1971) .... Vernon Adams
    85. THX 1138 (1971) .... THX
    86. The Revolutionary (1970) .... Despard
    87. MASH (1970) .... Maj. 'Frank' Burns
    88. "The F.B.I." .... Ernie Milden / ... (6 episodes, 1965-1969)
    - Nightmare Road (1969) TV episode .... Gerald Wilson
    - The Harvest (1968) TV episode .... Joseph Troy
    - The Executioners: Part 2 (1967) TV episode .... Ernie Milden
    - The Executioners: Part 1 (1967) TV episode
    - The Scourge (1966) TV episode .... Johnny Albin
    (1 more)
    89. The Rain People (1969) .... Gordon
    90. True Grit (1969) .... Ned Pepper
    91. "The Mod Squad" .... Matt Jenkins (1 episode, 1969)
    - Keep the Faith, Baby (1969) TV episode .... Matt Jenkins
    92. Bullitt (1968) .... Weissberg
    93. "CBS Playhouse" .... Dr. Margolin (1 episode, 1968)
    - The People Next Door (1968) TV episode .... Dr. Margolin
    94. The Detective (1968) .... Nestor
    95. "Judd for the Defense" .... Raymond Cane (1 episode, 1968)
    - Square House (1968) TV episode .... Raymond Cane
    96. Countdown (1968) .... Chiz
    97. "Run for Your Life" .... Richard Fletcher (1 episode, 1968)
    - The Killing Scene (1968) TV episode .... Richard Fletcher
    98. Flesh and Blood (1968) (TV) .... Howard
    99. "The Wild Wild West" .... Dr. Horace Humphries (1 episode, 1967)
    - The Night of the Falcon (1967) TV episode .... Dr. Horace Humphries
    100. "Cimarron Strip" .... Joe Wyman (1 episode, 1967)
    - The Roarer (1967) TV episode .... Joe Wyman
    101. Cosa Nostra, Arch Enemy of the FBI (1967) (TV) .... Ernie Milden
    102. "Combat!" .... Karl / ... (3 episodes, 1965-1967)
    - The Partisan (1967) TV episode .... Michel
    - Cry for Help (1966) TV episode .... Peter Halsman
    - The Enemy (1965) TV episode .... Karl
    103. "T.H.E. Cat" .... Laurent / ... (2 episodes, 1966-1967)
    - The Long Chase (1967) TV episode .... Laurent
    - Crossing at Destino Bay (1966) TV episode .... Scorpio
    104. "The Time Tunnel" .... Raul Nimon (1 episode, 1967)
    - Chase Through Time (1967) TV episode .... Raul Nimon
    105. Fame Is the Name of the Game (1966) (TV) .... Eddie Franchot
    106. "Shane" .... Tom Gary (1 episode, 1966)
    - Poor Tom's A-Cold (1966) TV episode .... Tom Gary
    107. "Felony Squad" .... Albie Froehlich (1 episode, 1966)
    - Death of a Dream (1966) TV episode .... Albie Froehlich
    108. "Hawk" .... Dick (1 episode, 1966)
    - The Theory of the Innocent Bystander (1966) TV episode .... Dick
    109. "Bob Hope Presents the Chrysler Theatre" .... Frank Reeser (1 episode, 1966)
    ... aka The Chrysler Theater
    ... aka Universal Star Time (syndication title)
    - Guilty or Not Guilty (1966) TV episode .... Frank Reeser
    110. The Chase (1966) .... Edwin Stewart
    111. "The Defenders" .... Al Rogart / ... (3 episodes, 1961-1965)
    - Only a Child (1965) TV episode .... Bill Andrews
    - Metamorphosis (1963) TV episode .... Luke Jackson
    - Perjury (1961) TV episode .... Al Rogart
    112. Nightmare in the Sun (1965) .... Motorcyclist
    113. "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" .... Zar (1 episode, 1965)
    - The Invaders (1965) TV episode (as Robert Duval) .... Zar
    114. "The Fugitive" .... Eric Christian / ... (3 episodes, 1963-1965)
    - Brass Ring (1965) TV episode .... Leslie Sessions
    - Never Wave Goodbye: Part 2 (1963) TV episode .... Eric Christian
    - Never Wave Goodbye: Part 1 (1963) TV episode .... Eric Christian
    115. "The Outer Limits" .... Adam Ballard / ... (3 episodes, 1964)
    - The Inheritors: Part 2 (1964) TV episode .... Adam Ballard
    - The Inheritors: Part 1 (1964) TV episode .... Adam Ballard
    - The Chameleon (1964) TV episode .... Louis Mace
    116. "Kraft Suspense Theatre" .... Harvey Farnsworth (1 episode, 1964)
    ... aka Crisis (USA: syndication title)
    ... aka Suspense Theatre (USA: syndication title)
    - Portrait of an Unknown Man (1964) TV episode .... Harvey Farnsworth
    117. "The Lieutenant" (1 episode, 1964)
    - Man with an Edge (1964) TV episode (as Robert Duval)
    118. Captain Newman, M.D. (1963) .... Capt. Paul Cabot Winston
    119. "Arrest and Trial" .... Morton Ware (1 episode, 1963)
    - The Quality of Justice (1963) TV episode .... Morton Ware
    120. "Stoney Burke" .... Joby Pierce (1 episode, 1963)
    - Joby (1963) TV episode .... Joby Pierce
    121. "The Virginian" .... Johnny Keel (1 episode, 1963)
    ... aka The Men from Shiloh (USA: new title)
    - The Golden Door (1963) TV episode .... Johnny Keel
    122. "The Twilight Zone" .... Charley Parkes (1 episode, 1963)
    ... aka The Twilight Zone: The Original Series (Australia)
    ... aka Twilight Zone (USA: new title)
    - Miniature (1963) TV episode .... Charley Parkes
    123. "Route 66" .... Arnie / ... (3 episodes, 1961-1963)
    - Suppose I Said I Was the Queen of Spain (1963) TV episode .... Lee Winters
    - Birdcage on My Foot (1961) TV episode .... Arnie
    - The Newborn (1961) TV episode .... Roman
    124. "The Untouchables" .... Eddie Moon (1 episode, 1963)
    - Blues for a Gone Goose (1963) TV episode .... Eddie Moon
    125. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) .... Arthur 'Boo' Radley
    126. "Naked City" .... Barney Sonners / ... (4 episodes, 1961-1962)
    - Torment Him Much and Hold Him Long (1962) TV episode .... Barney Sonners
    - Five Cranks for Winter... Ten Cranks for Spring (1962) TV episode .... Johnny Meigs
    - The One Marked Hot Gives Cold (1962) TV episode .... L. Francis 'Frank' Childe
    - A Hole in the City (1961) TV episode .... Lewis Nunda
    127. "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" .... Bart Collins (1 episode, 1962)
    - Bad Actor (1962) TV episode .... Bart Collins
    128. "Shannon" .... Joey Nolan (1 episode, 1961)
    - The Big Fish (1961) TV episode .... Joey Nolan
    129. "Cain's Hundred" .... Tom Nugent (1 episode, 1961)
    - King of the Mountain (1961) TV episode .... Tom Nugent
    130. "Great Ghost Tales" .... William Wilson (1 episode, 1961)
    - William Wilson (1961) TV episode .... William Wilson
    131. "Armstrong Circle Theatre" .... Berks (2 episodes, 1959-1960)
    - Positive Identification (1960) TV episode
    - The Jailbreak (1959) TV episode .... Berks
    132. "Playhouse 90" (1 episode, 1960)
    - John Brown's Raid (1960) TV episode

Producer:
    1. Crazy Heart (2009) (filming) (producer)
    2. Broken Trail (2006) (TV) (executive producer)
    3. Portrait of Billy Joe (2004) (producer)
    4. Assassination Tango (2002) (producer)
    5. A Shot at Glory (2000) (producer)
    6. The Apostle (1997) (executive producer)
    7. The Man Who Captured Eichmann (1996) (TV) (executive producer)
    8. A Family Thing (1996) (producer)
    9. Angelo My Love (1983) (producer)
    10. Tender Mercies (1983) (co-producer)

Soundtrack:
    1. Assassination Tango (2002) (writer: "Birthday Waltz") (performer: "Birthday Waltz")
    2. The Apostle (1997) (performer: "There Ain't No Grave (Gonna Hold My Body Down)")
    3. 1918 (1985) (performer: "A Long, Long Trail", "Keep the Home Fires Burning")
    4. Tender Mercies (1983) (writer: "Fool's Waltz", "I've Decided to Leave Here Forever") (performer: "It Hurts to Face Reality", "Fool's Waltz", "I've Decided to Leave Here Forever", "Wings of a Dove", "If You'll Hold the Ladder (I'll Climb to the Top)")
    5. Apocalypse Now (1979) ("Love Me, And Let Me Love You")
    ... aka Apocalypse Now Redux (International: English title: longer version)

Director
    1. Assassination Tango (2002)
    2. The Apostle (1997)
    3. Angelo My Love (1983)
    4. We're Not the Jet Set (1977)

Writer
    1. Assassination Tango (2002) (written by)
    2. The Apostle (1997) (written by)
    3. Angelo My Love (1983) (written by)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 10 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Robert Selden Duvall (born January 5, 1931) is an Academy Award
    two-time Emmy Award-, and four-time Golden Globe Award-winning
    American film actor and director.
    He is best known for his roles in To Kill a Mockingbird,
    The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Apocalypse Now,
    Network, THX 1138, MASH, The Great Santini,
    Tender Mercies, Lonesome Dove, and The Apostle.

Robert Duvall is a fine and critically acclaimed actor.

He made just one, but great film with Duke

True Grit (1969) .... Ned Pepper

600px-TrueGritSAA-4.jpg
    He was excellent in his role as Pepper,
    but I also liked him in other westerns.
    particularly, Lonesome Dove, and Joe Kidd

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 10 times, last by ethanedwards ().