There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,944 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just wanted to say hello and share with You fellow fans why I joined. Well Here I go. Or here you go. John Wayne Takes me to my "Happy Place". I just never could get there on my own and the Duke volenteered to take me there. How this came to be (the Duke my guide) is not a long story. Anyway, For now I've decided to save this bit of history in my Extra Space 10X15 for safe keeping. After some time I realized it was easier to Bring Mr Wayne out of eternal rest if I had Things around that made him feel good. This was the beginning of my John W. collection. I value many things in life but have been able to limit my hording to three things. Beer Steins, John Wayne and the third we have been smart enough to keep a secret. Hell yes He knows. I tell him everything. Do you think the Duke would take on such a risky job if he thaught I was holding out on Him. And everyone knows you can't keep a secret from the Duke. Bye for now. Nice to meet ya.
    Motorhead22
    Vagos M.C., California

• Just wanted to say hello and share with You fellow fans why I joined. Well Here I go. Or here you go. John Wayne Takes me to my "Happy Place". I just never could get there on my own and the Duke volenteered to take me there. How this came to be (the Duke my guide) is not a long story. Anyway, For now I've decided to save this bit of history in my Extra Space 10X15 for safe keeping. After some time I realized it was easier to Bring Mr Wayne out of eternal rest if I had Things around that made him feel good. This was the beginning of my John W. collection. I value many things in life but have been able to limit my hording to three things. Beer Steins, John Wayne and the third we have been smart enough to keep a secret. Hell yes He knows. I tell him everything. Do you think the Duke would take on such a risky job if he thaught I was holding out on Him. And everyone knows you can't keep a secret from the Duke. Bye for now. Nice to meet ya.
    Motorhead22
    Vagos M.C., California

hi motorhead
    nicely put and can identify with a lot of what you say. when i was young we always used to watch the john wayne film (and westerns in general) and i loved them but as you grow up life becomes so busy and hectic there s not time for these things. recently though there has been a lot of stress at work with one thing and another and inexplicably i seem to feel jw calming me down and helping me. i had the overwhelming urge to get to know him better through his films so went out and bought "the alamo" - watching it, a warm, happy feeling came over me and i get the same feeling whenever i put a jw film on, almost like he is there in the room with me - hope that doesn t sound too overly sentimental but i feel priviliged to be getting to know john wayne through his films

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Welcome, motorhead22, to our little spot of sanity on the worldwide web. You'll find a lot of friendly folks here, all brought together by their love of JW, but with various other interests which you'll find reflected in the many other topics found here. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"