Kevin Costner

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 18,391 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We keep talking about Cage and he'll have a legends page.:laugh:

Back to Costner, his Elliot Ness had more emotion than Robert Stack's portrayal of the 50's. Why do you think? The time period, or the actor?

• Carl, I think you took my post the wrong way. I was kidding about the Costner bashing. If you read my statement ::sport_box:Author assumes all responsibility for this post and can take any ribbing that people want to dish out!! hehehehe!!!:teeth_smile:
    You will see that I was kidding right back at you and whoever. I know there are many on the site who don't like Kevin and that;s fine. I meant no harm and was just kidding right back to everyone else.

PS Go ahead and mention his name, it doesn't matter to me.

Hi Todd, sorry if I took the post the wrong way-I know it isn't an excuse but, I wasn't in a good mood that day. Today's different and I feel like getting into a bit of mischief.:teeth_smile:

Best regards-Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Back to Costner, his Elliot Ness had more emotion than Robert Stack's portrayal of the 50's. Why do you think? The time period, or the actor?

Just watched The Untouchables again.
    Not bad, and I remember the Robert Stack series,
    and yes, I think Costner was better in the part.
    Obviously, one has to take into consideration,
    better production values, hopefully a better screenplay etc.

Also taken the opportunity to update this profile

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• With my past views on Kevin you know my thoughts on this movie. I will say this, my wife and I absolutely love that movie. Lot's of great actors are in it.

On a side note, we watched "Open Range" again on Saturday night. Man that gun fight doesn't get old to watch.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• for an actor to say the western is he's favourite genre, and all of 43 films, only 4 are westerns.there's a big gap between all of his westerns,first was in 1985,1990,1994,2003.if the western is his favourite genre why has he not made more than 4 westerns.

• I think it is called "studio backing". The western's just don't bring in the big dollars anymore. If you have the Open Range DVD, the 2nd disc has a interview with Kevin and he talks about the frustrations of getting backing for a western movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Wyatt Earp was one of his best roles! He also played in a movie where he was a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers, I liked that one too!

• I CAN"T REMEMBER THE NAME OF IT! But the best movie i saw Nicolas Cage in was where he was a secret service agent assigned to a dead President's wife. Haven't seen it for a while, good one!

• Sounds like "Guarding Tess", but I can't be sure because I will never sit through a Cage movie again, past or present, except for "Windtalkers".
    That had the potential of being one of the great WWII movies of all time except for Cage and Christian Slater who were woefully miscast. The rest of the cast were spot on.
    Costner would have been much better as Sgt. Enders.
    When I saw "Silverado" in it's sneak preview initial release, no one knew who Costner was. When he delivered the final line - "we'll be back" - meaning the Westerns - there was a huge cheer from the audience.
    The man is interesting as actor and director.

We deal in lead, friend.

• [quote='Gorch','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=107186#post107186']Sounds like "Guarding Tess"QUOTE]

It is, Gorch. And the other Costner film, about the pitcher, was For Love Of The Game. I enjoyed both films.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "