Kevin Costner

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Re: Western Screen Legends- Kevin Costner

Costner is a giant compared to Cage & Reeve. I have two planks of wood in the garage with more expression and depth.

That said I enjoyed Point Break despite Reeve's involvement. Bill & Ted was his most natural performance. I watched the 1st installment of Matrix that was enough.
      I do wish the bomb would have gone off in Speed. I see he was born in Lebanon and is in remake of The Day the earth stood still. Is he playing Gort by any chance:wink_smile:

Cage I suppose Moonstruck is passable other than that I get the urge to kick the TV when I see him.:glare: He only got were he is because of Uncle Francis Ford Coppola!!!!

DukePilgrim wrote:

Costner is a giant compared to Cage & Reeve. I have two planks of wood in the garage with more expression and depth.

That said I enjoyed Point Break despite Reeve's involvement. Bill & Ted was his most natural performance. I watched the 1st installment of Matrix that was enough.
      I do wish the bomb would have gone off in Speed. I see he was born in Lebanon and is in remake of The Day the earth stood still. Is he playing Gort by any chance:wink_smile:

Cage I suppose Moonstruck is passable other than that I get the urge to kick the TV when I see him.:glare: He only got were he is because of Uncle Francis Ford Coppola!!!!

I enjoyed Cage in "Raising Arizona" and especially "Con Air". Liked "Speed" with Reeve.
      De gustibus non est disputandum

I must be nuts then, because I love Cage. He was really good in Face Off and Snake Eyes. Did a great job as a conman suffering with OCD in Matchstick Men. I just LOVED Family Man. And both National Treasure movies were great in my book.

So, I admit....I like both Costner and Cage. Don't hate me, please. :wink_smile:

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

dukefan1 wrote:

I must be nuts then, because I love Cage. He was really good in Face Off and Snake Eyes. Did a great job as a conman suffering with OCD in Matchstick Men. I just LOVED Family Man. And both National Treasure movies were great in my book.

So, I admit....I like both Costner and Cage. Don't hate me, please. :wink_smile:

Mark

It's a free country and Im sure you can get therapy:stunned:

We keep talking about Cage and he'll have a legends page.:laugh:

Back to Costner, his Elliot Ness had more emotion than Robert Stack's portrayal of the 50's. Why do you think? The time period, or the actor?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=2] ShortGrub
      [/SIZE]
    • Re: Classic Movie Westerns - Dances with Wolves (1990)

SXViper wrote:

Carl, I think you took my post the wrong way. I was kidding about the Costner bashing. If you read my statement ::sport_box:Author assumes all responsibility for this post and can take any ribbing that people want to dish out!! hehehehe!!!:teeth_smile:
      You will see that I was kidding right back at you and whoever. I know there are many on the site who don't like Kevin and that;s fine. I meant no harm and was just kidding right back to everyone else.

PS Go ahead and mention his name, it doesn't matter to me.

Hi Todd, sorry if I took the post the wrong way-I know it isn't an excuse but, I wasn't in a good mood that day. Today's different and I feel like getting into a bit of mischief.:teeth_smile:

Best regards-Carl.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

ShortGrub wrote:

Back to Costner, his Elliot Ness had more emotion than Robert Stack's portrayal of the 50's. Why do you think? The time period, or the actor?

Just watched The Untouchables again.
      Not bad, and I remember the Robert Stack series,
      and yes, I think Costner was better in the part.
      Obviously, one has to take into consideration,
      better production values, hopefully a better screenplay etc.

Also taken the opportunity to update this profile
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Screen Legends- Kevin Costner

With my past views on Kevin you know my thoughts on this movie. I will say this, my wife and I absolutely love that movie. Lot's of great actors are in it.

On a side note, we watched "Open Range" again on Saturday night. Man that gun fight doesn't get old to watch.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne

for an actor to say the western is he's favourite genre, and all of 43 films, only 4 are westerns.there's a big gap between all of his westerns,first was in 1985,1990,1994,2003.if the western is his favourite genre why has he not made more than 4 westerns.

I think it is called "studio backing". The western's just don't bring in the big dollars anymore. If you have the Open Range DVD, the 2nd disc has a interview with Kevin and he talks about the frustrations of getting backing for a western movie.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne