Wild Goose yacht evacuated during small fire

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: Wild Goose yacht evacuated during small fire

Hi sware01

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.

Please take a look around,
      we're a friendly bunch of folks,
      and there is a wealth of information to see,
      regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Just to say, great to have you 'aboard'
      if you don't mind the pun.
      It's fantastic to hear from you,
      and a real honour to have someone join us,
      who is personally involved with the ' Wild Goose'.
      Please join in anytime you wish.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Welcome Sware01!

Glad to have you with us. Thanks for the update on Duke's yacht. Glad to hear she's okay. We'd appreciate any stories you might want to share about working on her.

Enjoy your ride here in the best John Wayne site on the internet.
      Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

Hello and welcome to the forum, Sware01. As Tbone stated, we would love to hear any stories you may feel like sharing about working on the Wild Goose. I know she has been modernized but is there anything left from the days Duke owned her? Chairs, tables or pictures on the walls? Either way, it must be something great to be able to walk the deck of the ship he loved so much. I hope you make yourself at home here, and feel free to join in anywhere.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Thank you all. The yacht has had a third deck added for dining, but much of the yacht remains the same as when the Duke had her. There is alot of the same furniture as well. If anyone is interested she was recently on an episode of California's Gold with Huell Howser. www.calgold.com/calgold/Default.asp?Series=10000 Look for Newport Boats. In the episode Captain Bert Minschall gives a tour of the vessel. It NEVER gets old being on the yacht...also if anyone is interested there are public cruises available from time to time on the yacht, if anyone is around the Newport Beach area. I can let anyone interested know when there is another one. As I said we are very proud of the vessel so if anyone has any questions, please feel free.

sware01,

First of all, I would like to join the others in welcoming you to the Original John Wayne Message Board!

Thanks for the link, my copy should be coming soon! Anything to do with John Wayne and the Wild Goose is of interest to me.

How interesting that the WG, in its former life as a naval vessel, was commisioned on May 26th - Duke's birthday!

As others have stated, we look forward to any stories you can share, and we appreciate your personal update to the story.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

TGC- with the wild goose in front of his house, wouldn't it entirely block his view of the water?
      How nice to grow up in Newport Beach, it would be a nice place to live.

.. ..