Duke's Companion- Pat Stacy

The community standards & policies page has been updated: https://dukewayne.com/code-conduct.htm

For future reference the link is in the footer below.

• Duke's Companion- Pat Stacy

PAT STACY

Initially Pat Stacy was Duke's latter day secretary,
      but in the early 70's she became his companion and lover.
      I have copied Bill's posts over here.

With thanks to William T.Brooks

I think You have Forgotten One Person that Played a Very Big Part in the Last Seven Years in John Wayne's Life "Pat Stacy" His Secretary, Sweetheart and Lover !
      :wub:
      And Don't Tell Me that She was Not Part of Duke's Family, Because None of His Three Wives Were By Blood Either , and They All Dumped Him and Pat Stacy Stayed By His Bed - Side Till The END, and Pat was at His Funeral. And Gretchen was a Daughter-In-Law Not Blood.
      :broken_heart:
      But Not His Two Ex-Wives, the Other One "Chata" Drank Her Self To Death before Duke's Passing !!
      :drinks_wine:
      Just Ask Some of His Children that are Still Alive, and This is Why Duke Had Pat Stacy in "His Last Will And Testament" along With His Children !!!

:glare:
      Chilibill
      :cowboy:

Back in the Early 1970s Had a New Secretary and Soon to be His Last Sweetheart and Her Name was Pat Stacy !
      :wub:
      She was Not In Films or T.V. but was Duke's Secretary , and took Very Good Care of Duke and Loved Him and Duke Loved Her Back, and She was at Duke's Bed Side at His Passing !!
      :broken_heart:
      She Passed on in 1995 also with Lung Cancer !!!
      :cry2:

Chilibill
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Post was edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Duke's Companion/Secretary- Pat Stacy

William T Brooks wrote:

And Don't Tell Me that She was Not Part of Duke's Family, Because None of His Three Wives Were By Blood Either , and They All Dumped Him and Pat Stacy Stayed By His Bed - Side Till The END, and Pat was at His Funeral. And Gretchen was a Daughter-In-Law Not Blood.

ethanedwards wrote:

I agree, athough not part of Duke's Family,
      she was a huge part of his life.

She was not "officially" family, but my guess is she felt like family to his younger children, with whom she spent more time. I think we can all say that someone who is very close is considered 'family' as much as if he/she was related by blood (and sometimes those blood relations are folks we'd rather not know :glare:).

Nice addition, Keith!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:
    • Re: Duke's Companion/Secretary- Pat Stacy

It was in 1973 during the filming of McQ in Seattle,
      that observers noticed that Duke was more relaxed.
      At the same time they noticed that Duke and Pat
      grew more intimate as the picture progressed.
      When Duke got home, Pilar had packed her belongings,
      and had left.

The final break came when in the Summer of 1974,
      when during the filming of Brannigan,
      Pilar visted Duke in London, only too find,
      that Duke had taken Pat Stacy to Paris for the weekend!
      Pilar was outraged that Duke
      was romancing his 32 year old secretary!

Pat Stacy was to remain loyal to Duke for the rest of his life,
      and was there at his funeral. His remaining two wives being absent.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Post was edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Duke's Companion- Pat Stacy

Here is One More Post About Pat Stacy.
      :teeth_smile:
      Here are Some Stories From Pat Stacy's Book "Duke A Love Story" that She Did after Duke's Passing. I was lucky to been a part of it.
      :wink_smile:
      Most of the Stories are Fun Stories, But the Last Story is About Duke's Passing and is a VERY SAD STORY, and She Was At Duke's Bed Side at His Passing With Patrick Wayne One Of Duke's Older Sons!!!
      Stories As Told By Pat Stacy.

Chilibill
    • Re: Duke's Companion- Pat Stacy

Here is a Story of how Pat Stacy Met Duke and some more Pictures that you might not have seen before that Pat gave to my Wife in the early 1980s, and Pat Stacy and Pat Wayne were at Duke's Bed Side at His Passing.
      The rest of Duke's Children were in the Waiting Room next door, All But Mike Wayne that was at his office at Batjak, and a few days after Duke's Funeral Pat Stacy was Let Go by Mike and Pat Stacy was on Her own Looking For A New Job, that should tell You a Little About What Mike Wayne was like !!!
      :omg2:
      Bill

Post was edited 1 time, last by William T Brooks ().