Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,849 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi ringo

glad to hear that you are on the mend remember do what the doc tells you to do and for gords sake obey the mrs otherwise we might end having to send you get well wishes again after she has put you back in the sick bed with a broken head.

glad to have you back keep cool and enjoy all the foods that you crave

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I am glad you made it back. I missed you pushing me to post more!! HEHE!! You got alittle behind but I am sure now that you are back it won't take long to pass me. Good luck, get well and do as your doc(and smokey :lol: ) says!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Its good to have you back Carl and I hope you will continue to be a member of this board for a long time.

I hope you make a full recovery very soon.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Thanks to you all Keith, Hondo, Nathan, JWNeabe, Chester & The Mrs, Arthur, Smokey, Todd, Robbie, PhantonStranger.

Keith, ;-)) thanks to you all here as well, i'm on the mend. :-))

Hondo, thank you very much and I wished I could have been able to keep posting on this site and to be able to write to you all. Now I have my work cut out for me and need to catch up at least with Todd ;-))

Nathan, That I am. I splurged yesterday and had a Nr 7 at Burger King. :-)) Man that grilled bacon cheeseburger went down well. I think my stomache shrank some in the hospital because I could not finish the french fries and had to feed them to the Seagulls. Tonight ( as a last night for a week to splurge) I will be having dinner at a great place called: Cracker Barrell. I will be having a Chicken Fried Steak, Sweetened Carrots and Hashbrown Casserole. Not to worry much on my diet though, I plan to resume eating healthier from Sunday on. More Oranges, milk, lettuce, carrots, corn, and turkey.

JWNeabe, thank you. I greatly appreciate those kind words. :-)) My best goes to you as well.

Chester & The Mrs. Thanks much from you both as well. I missed you all as well and missed reading your postings much and good LORD willing, i'm gonna be here for a long time. :-))

Arthur, thank you very much and I am getting better. I think the support I have from all you great folks really is helping me out and my spirits are higher than they were. I have to give you all here the credit for that. If I have another long stay in the hospital, I sure hope I have a laptop computer of my own or access to the internet.

Smokey, that I definately will do. The Dr says to keep my feel elevated as much as possible and when I get my Ted Host ? stockings, I will be able to venture outside for longer periods of time. One thing I have learned is never to argue with your Dr. ;-))

Todd, as of this posting, I think I only need 85 more to be even with you (and i'm going to try my best to catch up ;-))

Robbie, with you all on my side, I KNOW my recovery will be a nice one. I will be here as long as the site is here. :-))

Phantomstranger, thank you much and I would like to return the nice wishes and to extend them to you as well as everyone on this board.

Take care and thank you--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl,

I'm surprised you weren't sneaking into the nurses' station in the middle of the night to try to log on to http://www.dukewyne.com :lol: .

You almost made it on the 30 day John Wayne diet suggested by JWAngel, which smokey joined as well. To have been a good patient in that respect, you would have had to turn off the TV in your room whenever any of the John Wayne movies came on :D.

Chester :newyear:

• ringo

your welcome just glad to see you back and in the mood for some fun. glad to here that you will be able to venture out for longer periods soon keep your chin up see you later

cheers smokey

• hi robbie

it was jwangel and myself as well as my little bloke we did it durning may lasted 30 days without watching one jw movie was glad when we finished wouldn't have lasted another week

was really happy to be able to watch some of the dukes movies again and with a fresh out look

cheers smokey

• Nice one Smokey,

I used to watch a lot more JW movies before I became a member of this board, I have only watched one JW movie since February and that was AATBM on the anniversary of Dukes death.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

AATBM on the anniversary of Dukes death.

Wow Robbie, that was a tough one to decipher. :lol: :lol: Angel and the Badman. At first I was like :stunned::headbonk: Then it finally dawned on me!!!

Myself, I watch a Duke film around 2-4 times a month and sometimes I go into a marathon and just watch them till I cannot take it anymore!! Thats about 2-3 times a year that that happens.

-John Wayne

• hi robbie

so we can add you to the list of people who have done the diet so now that makes it 4 welcome little mate

sxviper would go into withdrawal if he missed out on his john wayne movies :lol:

on who wants to be a millionar down under they had a question "who was the well know person who won the most 'best directors oscar'" frank copar, john ford, billy wilde forgotten the other bloke but i got it right see if you can

cheers smokey

• Hi Carl -
    Over three weeks out of pocket. Even though you could feast on a few JW movies, being in the hospital is not fun! When I went in back in December for four days, I couldn't find any of Duke's movies on the tube. I also had to endure the pic line since I needed antibiotics for an infected finger. For a four-day stay (with no surgical event involved), the hospital charged over $4,000 - ouch! That is some indication of how much medical costs have risen.
    I can't say it too often - Carl, WELCOME BACK! You were greatly missed!
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 27 2005, 11:22 AM
    For a four-day stay (with no surgical event involved), the hospital charged over $4,000 - ouch! That is some indication of how much medical costs have risen.

You think that's bad, Jay - about 10 days ago my wife had a graft implanted for an aneurysm, which involved the surgeon making two little cuts in her groin area, threading the stent up through her femoral arteries and releasing it. The procedure itself took about 2.5 hours. She spent a total of 34 hours in the hospital, most of which was in ICU after the implantation.

They billed Medicare and TRICARE (a supplement based on my military service) $88,615.30. Of course, the government won't pay them nearly that much but it just goes to show how outrageous medical costs have become.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy, that seems reasonable. That equates out to $35,446.12 per hour!! About what I make!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, that does stink to have that kind of costs.

-John Wayne

• Hi Chester, Smokey.

Heh heh, believe me, I tried pestering them for access to the internet but sadly, even the nurses station does not have any internet. I was told the only computer on their floor that did have access was the business office (which closes at 5 PM and apparently nobody had a spare key to it) but I tell you, I almost went A.W.O.L. (to borrow a military term) for a spell because there was an Internet cafe only about 2 blocks from where I was. Heh heh, I admit though that I did sneak out of the hospital twice while there and walked 1'2 a block to a convience store for a bottle of Dr. Pepper and a bag of regular Fritos and a jar of Ranch Dip. In doing so, this not so healthy but oh so good finger food, helped me make it through. :)

Thanks again Smokey, yep, I have been venturing out longer. On Sunday, I went to a large bookstore we have here called Barnes & Nobles. I was there from about 2 PM to about 7 PM. I brought with me my portable DVD player (which I wished I had had at the hospital) and I naturally watched a John Wayne movie: The Longest Day.

Today I have it with me at the library and I am watching a 2nd season COMBAT episode as I type this.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jun 27 2005, 11:44 AM
    You think that's bad, Jay - about 10 days ago my wife had a graft implanted for an aneurysm, which involved the surgeon making two little cuts in her groin area, threading the stent up through her femoral arteries and releasing it. The procedure itself took about 2.5 hours. She spent a total of 34 hours in the hospital, most of which was in ICU after the implantation.

[snapback]18253[/snapback]

Hi Stumpy - I hope she is doing alright. Some of these surgeries have advanced a long way, but anything of an invasive nature has some risk which will always cause some concern.
    My wife was in the hospital last summer for an extended time for various problems and, though she has been home since mid-October, she has been bedridden - she is making some progress with home physical therapy for which we are truly thankful. But all of this causes stress and worry, not to mention the physical drain of caring for her evenings and weekends (we have someone come in during the weekdays for her care).
    Just want you to know that thoughts and prayers are directed toward you both.
    Cheers - Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Wow Jay. I would say right back to you that our prayers go out to you and yours. Hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out.

-John Wayne