Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,787 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: Just found out Saturday that I will be a Great Uncle at the ripe old age of 37!! The baby girl is due the week of my birthday in May :) That would be a great gift if she were born on May 11th. It would be a gift to me as well. :D

Cheers and Cybercigars to you all. Best regards--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Congrats Ringo, nothing like a child to get you feeling old!! :lol: :lol: Or Younger!! :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• :cowboy: Thank you Jay and thank you Viper. Yep, i'm still grinning from ear to ear. :D I'm getting more excited as May gets nearer. I feel the same way when I first became an Uncle at the age of 11.

You know, ever since January 1st, I have felt that 2005 was really going to be a big year for me. So far it has been a great one and is only getting better.

Jay, the cybercigar is a $50.00 Cuban Cohiba. Glad you like it :D

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Mar 2 2005, 04:02 PM
    Jay, the cybercigar is a $50.00 Cuban Cohiba. Glad you like it :D

[snapback]14977[/snapback]

Hi Ringo -
    Boy - at that price, I don't like it enough to go for another!! I'll still congratulate you, though - that doesn't cost anything. These couple of months are going to go by so fast, it'll make your head spin. The big event will be here before you know it.

Cheers - Jay :lol:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello and congrats on becoming a great uncle and only at 37...wow....thats like Keifer Sutherland becoming a grandfatehr at....40 maybe?

i shall have my cigar the weekend......gracias.

-IHW

• :cowboy: Hi Jay/IHW, many thanks and your welcome.

Jay, $50.00 is cheap for one. My Grandfather smoked them when he wa a Captain in the Merchant Marines many years before WWII, during WWII and into the 1950's. Guess he loved em. I don't smoke myself but, I have smelled these lit before and the odor aint too bad.

IHW, Maybe if i'm lucky, maybe i'll be a Great-great uncle at the age of 57? It'll give me something else to look forward to ;-D

PS, hope you enjoy your Cyber Cigar. TRK.

• Ringo

Congratulations on this news its nice to see a happy topic posted on the off topics section as its usually about the deaths of leading stars.

In harms way for a while now I have been wondering is you aviator of John Wayne as it comes up on my machine like its been cut in half and I find it difficult to make out who it is.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Ringo,

Congratulations on the upcoming event! I was trying to figure out how you could become a GREAT uncle so young - duh! Of course, you first became an uncle at a young age :headbonk: !

My youngest child was an aunt when she was conceived, as our first grandchild was born 2 years before she was (yeah, try to get your brain around that one :P ). She and her brother (who became an uncle at 13 days old, when that same grandchild was born) could be great aunt and great uncle at half your age (though I hope my grandson waits till he's at least 25 :rolleyes: ).

Yes, kids can make you feel old :wacko: , but keeping up with them can sure keep you young :D .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• :cowboy: Hello Robbie and Chester and the Mrs. Thank you for these kind words and I am going to print this topic out so I can give my Nephew and his Mrs something to read.

Chester and the Mrs. I agree with you. It sure is a brain twister to try to figure these things out. The one that really gets me is How do they do that Cousin 3 times removed bit? I had one I first met when she was 88 back in I think 1980? not sure. Her father was a Sheriff of Dodge City for many years. Before that, he had been a Colonel in the Confederate States Cavalry and lost an arm (dur to a cannonball) at the Battle of Shiloh (that's) Pittsburg Landing to any Yankees here ;-D

Anyway, being a Great Uncle at 37 blows my mind but it feels great too. I hope I live long enough to be a Great Great uncle as well as a Dad and Grandfather.

People lately had been wondering why i'm grinning all the time, I love to brag about this event.

• hi there RK

when i first read your post i was thinking what a bragger we all make either great aunts or uncles then i read down further and though what a dh you are smokey he's going to be a "great" uncle well congrats on becoming one so young now you can enjoy spoiling it then giving it back when you have family get togethers (sorry about calling the baby it but no sex said). what more can one say but boy am i glad to read something nice happening in this world today

cheers and all the best

smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• :cowboy: Hello Smokey, no problems at all. I know i'm probably going a bit overboard on the news but, I just can't help it :) Oh and the baby is definately going to be a Girl. One thing about my family and my brother in laws side of the family is that the Boys drastically out-number the Girls.

Also, I had a fine dinner with them as Bennegan's last night and I just can't put into words at how proud of both of them I am. I was still grinning from ear to ear last night. I can't wait until I get to hold her for the first time. I am greatly looking forward to it.

By the way, her name is: Dana Lynn Johnson. :D

Best regards--Carl.

• hi RK

well i'm glad to see that you are to be a great uncle to a little girl bet she will have you wrapped round her little finger real quick ;) so you will have a rose amonst all the thorns.

bet you felt like the cat that got the cream and your happiness will infect others see what it has done to this place. keep smiling and all good things come and may isn't that far off.

:wub: and best wishes to you and yours with this happy news from all points of the world

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thank you Smokey, I greatly appreciate those kind words. heh heh, Dana is not yet born and I am wrapped around her little finger. For this, I would love to win a multi million dollar lottery. I would give her the world. :)

I can't help but smile. I remember that I felt exactly this way when I first became an Uncle at the age of 11. I remember bragging about it all over school. I was slightly dissappointed to discover that I was not the only Uncle in school. It was OK though because I still got to show off my new Nephew.

Many thanks and I sure hope that everyone here will soon have an event of this kind to be able to talk about. The news and feelings are infacting.

Best regards--Carl.

• Hi Ladies and Gents.

Here is a bit of an explanation of why i was gone for so long. On May 31st I had a Drs appt, next thing I knew was I was being sent to the hospital. I was sent because I had a bad Staff infaction in both legs. Well, I was at the hospital for 4 days then was moved to a long term care facility till my discharge yesterday june 23rd.

I was going through John Wayne withdrawell. During my entire time in bed, I only saw 4 John Wayne movies: Dark Command, Sands of Iwo Jima, North to Alaska and Rio Bravo (twice) I had just remembered that I got a chance to watch part of The Hellfighters too. Other than that, I was able to see a few Steve McQueen movies including the Blob and The Great Escape. Saw a few other good movies like: Bend in the River, Winchester '73 w/ James Stewart, Arsenic and Old Lace w/ Cary Grant, Titanic w/ Clifton Webb and Richard Basehart, Major Dundee w/ Charlton Heston and James Coburn, Missing In Action II (for the umteenth time on AMC) 48 Hrs (for the umteenth time on AMC) and a few other odds and ends.

Anyway, my infection is mostly taken care of and I will be taking 7 medications for a month and one for two months. For 3 weeks I had what they call a Pic line in my right arm. This is where they stick in the IV's and other meds. In all, I figure I was stabbed with needles at least 45 times, and had IV's in different areas about 15 times. My arms are VERY bruised and sore and I look like a drug user.

My highpoints were when I was getting phonecalls in the hospital and a few visits and also the chance to really enjoy a few of The Duke's movies while really relaxing in nice cold air in my room.

What I missed were eating really tasty foods like: Hamburgers from Burger King or Wal-Bangers, Chicken Fried Steak from Cracker Barrell, Chicken strips from Bennegans, and food from Furr's Cafeteria. (I love their Soups) Anyway, sometime this weekend I will be dining on a Chicken Fried Steak. Oh and I missed having Pizza (Another great food on my list of great foods to eat)

Anyway, it's good to be back and I will enjoy catching up on reading all posts.

take care--Carl.

• Carl,

We are glad to have you back. Sure wish we could have contacted you, but I'm glad to see you back. You take care of yourself, and don't over do it. And yes it is Hot, Hot, Hot! Glad that you were able to stay cool.

We'll catch up with you soon.

Cheer B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote