Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,793 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you all Keith, Jim/Sue, Murray, Arthur, Mark, Bill, Didisha, LuckyNed, Tbone, Jay, GT, Mike ;-)) very much for making my day much better with your nice words.

I look at you all as family and greatly appreciate you all. When I can come to this site and read the great things posted here-it does make me feel much better about things. I'll be greatful to see you Jay if you can come by. We've talked some over the phone-not as often as I'd like but, I am greatful for the calls we had.

Keith, thank you for the nice words and being the first to leave me a message, I greatly appreciate that and its even better coming from a Mate of mine ;-))

Jim/Sue, thank you two as well. Yep, Jay does live in S.A> and i'll look forward to possibly getting to meet him finally ;-))

Murray, Sure thing!. I'm hoping to visit the Alamo when im there and hopefully I can do so the day before intake at the Hosp/

Arthur, Thank you Mate, im really looking forward to this surgery which will finally let me move forward in life instead of just aging ;-)) (Ill elaborate more of what I mean as soon as possible)

Mark, thank you. And i'll look forward to someday, sharing a cup of Joe w/ you ;-))

Bill, thank you very much, your nice words greatly help.

Didisha, thank you ;-))

LuckyNed, Much appreciated for the nice words ;-)) Sorry we have not yet met but, I look forward to getting to know you and the others.

Tbone, thank you for that and I know he'll bless me.:-))

Jay, I greatly appreciate that ;-)) I think the hospital im going into will be the Methodist Specialty Hospital-but will let you know for sure next week.

GT, thanks my friend and no prob about being busy. I struck out 5 times that day-trying to call friends ;-)) I guess all of you and them, were busy popping some fire crackers ;-))

Mike, special thanks to you and I greatly appreciate your call last night. I had email troubles today but, i'll try to send you one tomorrow when i get back here.

GT, if I don't get the chance to do so, please let Cindy and Michael know whats up? if you can?

I better let you great folks go as my rieds here already.

Take care and best regards-Carl.

PS, if I do have internet in my room, ill definately let you all know first ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo,
    Best wishes pal. Hope everything goes smoothly for you, as we're all confident it will :)
    Don't really know what to say, but good luck, and we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers :)

Take care buddy,
    Bek :teeth_smile:

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi Bek, and thank you. After I have this operation, I can finally move forward in life. When all is said and done with it, I am planning to look up a gal I used to be with twelve years ago, and to see if she is still single-and would be williing to rekindle what we once shared. If that happens, you will hear my shouts of happiness-from here to Australia ;-))

• Hey Carl, sorry to have missed your post last week.

Good luck on your surgery and you know all of us here are pulling for a full recovery.

Take care buddy.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Todd, Emmanuel, Mike,

Thank you Todd, I greatly appreciate that all. Also, ill be thinking of all of you here as welll.

Hi Emmanuel, Mike, thank both of you gents as well.

Sorry im so short but I have to run--take care and best regards--C.

• (ot)

Carl, your signature is bugging the heck out of me. I think I have it all translated except for one word.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einselhaft Zu Sprechen..

It is forbbiden with prisoners in ............... to speak....

I am having trouble with einselhaft, is that a place or person or what??

(ot)

-John Wayne

• good luck ringo, sorry its late but i have been slightly busy with work and have only been able to get here twice in the last week or so, when you have your new addy email me it so that i can send you that movie. its still waiting to be posted again sorry i ahvent done this as well.

take care and hope all goes well in your op and the other endevours you are going to plunder, will be thinking of you

all the best
    cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The word Einselhaft means "isolation", Todd.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi ZS, Todd, Smokey, Stumpy,

ZS, thank you much for the nice thoughts. Also I thank you VERY much about the nice wishes concerning Heather. I plan on starting to search for her before the end of the year. I am hoping beyond all, that I will be so lucky as to renew my relationship with her. It dawned on me that she is who I want to spend the rest of my life with-providing she has not married? If she has married, i'd at least like to be put an end to this while staying in touch with her as a friend. I know it might sound wierd but, I never felt the same way with anyone else like I feel about her.

Hi Todd, Jim is correct on the meaning of that word and freely translated, the signature says: "It is forbidden to speak with prisoners in solitary confinement." This was on a sign in one of my all-time most favorite movies-which starred: Sir John Mills, Eric Portman, Theodor Bikel and Anton Differing.

Hi Smokey, definately no problem and, I know how busy one can get. This past week I, with injured bahds, had to pack up all my things for moving while trying not to keep my roommate awake, then load everything up, and then clean the apartment. I sustained more injuries just after everything was loaded up because I was carrying my largest Cat-who panicked when I approached a few people and in order for him to get away, he bit both my hands in rapid succession at least six times-while scratching up my arms and chest while trying to get away. Friday I spent quite sometime in the Drs ofice to get looked at. I then got my Tetanus shot (SP?) which I needed anyway. ;-)) I don't blame the cat for paniking and biting me but, I only wish it had not hurt as much. I never knew this cat could bite so quickly-cept when it came to feeding him.

Does this qualify me for sustaiing injuries as a civilian during a wartime situation-which means can I be awarded a Purple Heart for this? ;-))

BTW, and believe-it-or-not? but, a civilian who is injured during wartime situations, is actually eligable for a Purple Heart Medal. Or so I have read.

PS, if I were a German citizen, I would now be eligable for a Wound Badge in Gold as I reached and sur-passed the wound requirements to earn one. All you need is five wounds to get the badge, I have six. :rolleyes:

• ringo

sorry to hear that you have suffered battle wounds during your move, i hope that the cat is felling better as well. safe trip and will catch up with you when you get back.

i'll give you the purple heart :heart: but all we have is red

cheers smokey

• Hi Smokey, thank you mi lady. Yep, well the Battle wounds are healing nicely-I still can't find the cat. I'll be going to look for him again tomorrow sometime. Thanks for the heart badge-I needed it ;-))

• Carl,

You get better and find that cat. Hope you weather the storm and not get flooded or hit with tornados. You take care my friend.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Wow, sorry to hear about you loosing your cat Carl. Hope you find him, I know we would be said at our house if we lost one of the "family".

-John Wayne

• Someone needs to get Ringo a dog, QUICK!!!!! :wink_smile:

Sorry about your trouble, Ringo, but I must confess I have always been a cat-hater myself. My aunt & uncle used to have two of them, and they used to get me in trouble all the time. I would just be walking around, minding my own business, and these two cats would literally be running underneath my feet as I was walking along! I wasn't deliberately trying to step on them, but the effect was about the same. :wink_smile:

I can hear it now:

"I'm not trying to step on them, Aunt Jo, they just keep running underneath my feet!!"

"Yeah, right, kid."

Damn critters. :wink_smile:

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• ringo

hope you find your puss, he may be still there now with the bad weather he may be in hiding again, will your friend keep an eye out for mr. puss for you

just glad to brighten your day take care

cheers smokey