The John Wayne 100th Anniversary Collection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lt. Brannigan.

• The John Wayne 100th Anniversary Collection

Hello. Not sure where to post this but, I stumbled upon a site ( moviesunlimited.com ) while trying to find Hard-To-Find Movies. I thought I would share. I was impressed with this website and received their catalog in with my order. They even have old television shows on DVD and hard to find items like episodes of The Thin Man, Charlie Chan, and B Flicks from all generations. I was impressed and thought I would share my find! You can search by Actor, Title, or Director. Here is the search address I did on John Wayne. I just ordered The Wings of Eagles and Sand Pebbles and Kelly's Heroes. They ship them quickly!

moviesunlimited.com/musite/fin…tor.asp?search=John+Wayne

The John Wayne 100th Anniversary Collection:
      A 10-disc collection as big as the Duke's legend! Includes the feature-length version of "The Hurricane Express," "His Private Secretary," "Riders of Destiny," "Desert Command," "Sagebrush Trail," "Blue Steel" (1933), "The Lucky Texan," "West of the Divide," "The Man from Utah," "Randy Rides Alone," "The Star Packer," "The Trail Beyond," "The Lawless Frontier," "'Neath The Arizona Skies," "Texas Terror," "Rainbow Valley," "Desert Trail," "Dawn Rider," "Paradise Canyon," "Winds of the Wasteland," "Hell Town," "Angel and the Badman," "McLintock!," and the complete 12-chapter serials "The Shadow of the Eagle," "The Hurricane Express," and "The Three Musketeers" (1933). Also features the tribute program "Hollywood Remembers John Wayne." 38 hrs. total. Standard; Soundtrack: English; featurettes; theatrical trailers.
      Category: Westerns Director: J.P. McGowan
      Cast: Ernie Adams, Matthew Betz, Edmund Breese, Al Bridge, James P. Burtis, Al Ferguson, Joseph W. Girard, Shirley Grey, Charles King, J. Farrell MacDonald, Tully Marshall, Glenn Strange, Conway Tearle, John Wayne, Lloyd Whitlock
      Format: DVD - B&W/Color
      Rated: NR
      Catalog #: D42901

Was $39.99 Now $35.99
      ADD TO ORDER [URL='javascript:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/popups/gift_wrap.asp?sku=D42901','gift_wrap','width=360,height=320')']SEND AS A GIFT[/URL][URL='javascript:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/popups/party-pack.asp?sku=D42901','party_pack','width=650,height=450,scrollbars=yes')']ADD PARTY PACK[/URL][URL='javascript:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/popups/tellafriend.asp?sku=D42901','tellafriend','width=486,height=309')']TELL A FRIEND[/URL]
      Dedicated to the American Hero...John Wayne
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Dukette ( a true native Texas gal)
    • Re: The John Wayne 100th Anniversary Collection

Dukette,

Hey, it's good to see you again! It's been awhile!

This sounds like an interesting collection of Duke's older movies, but I am especially interested in the
      . . . the complete 12-chapter serial "The Hurricane Express". Also features the tribute program "Hollywood Remembers John Wayne."

I have only a portion of The Hurricane Express, and I don't know if I have the tribute program. I would question the quality of McLintock, however, since that was only in the past couple of years released by Batjac, and most other versions are rather poor. But I'm sure you didn't get the collection for that, anyway.

Thanks for letting us know about the web site, too!

Chester :newyear:

Thank you Chester! It is nice to be back. I appreciated the invite in my e-mail which informed me of the site's anniversary. I had lost the site when my last computer blew up. I have a new desktop now that does nearly everything. :) Thanks for your comments. I actually already have two copies of the McLintock DVD. Not sure how that happened. lol.
      Dedicated to the American Hero...John Wayne
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Dukette ( a true native Texas gal)

glad to see you here, and as always hello to all. I am seeking thee correct web site or address of all the John Wayne memoribilia. I am also interested in sites that offer Wayne hand guns, single and double action weapons, and rifles. I recall one offered not to long after his death, that one showed up by the franklin mint or something like that? Really nice piece and also his winchester rifle, Saddle, clothing etc,,,,,pls inform me? RBC@opusnet.com hope to hear from anyone. Thanks and happy new yr.

I have only a portion of The Hurricane Express, and I don't know if I have the tribute program.
      The Hurricane Express is available on DVD in Germany as double-DVD, offered at amazon Germany.

amazon.de/Hurricane-Express-DV…dvd&qid=1230829698&sr=1-1

There is a shorter German Version on the first disc (they put all the chapters together to one long movie, but I think that was poor, because it ruined the character of the seriel) and the complete version in english language on the second disc. But we never had the chance to see the tribute program... The German DVD is a RC-2, so I don´t know, if it would work on an american DVD-Player and TV-set. My RC-2 DVD-Player and PAL TV-Set plays most of the American RC-1 DVDs.

I recall one offered not to long after his death, that one showed up by the franklin mint or something
      Franklin Mint offered two nice pocket watches for the Duke´s Anniversary! Both in sterling silver with gold. One showed the Duke´s face on the outside and the other one a Texas Ranger´s star and the Duke in the inside, like he appeared in "Comancheros!". I have the one with the Duke´s portrait. My aunt gave it to me for my 45th birthday.
      "Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

I love that 100th anniversary set, because the movies on there are in release order. The special features are nothing worthwhile and they add no value to the set unless you like the collection of Duke trailers it has on it.