Greetings from Chicago!!

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,824 times. The latest Post () was by roadsong66.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi everyone!

John Wayne, to me, has always represented the very best that America stands for, and in these trying times, watching an old Duke film helps to remind me of the great moral values our country was founded upon and makes me sentimental for simpler times when "right was right and wrong was wrong."

I've had a lifelong personal connection to John Wayne because my great grandmother baby-sat a very young Marion Morrison when he was just a young buck playing cowboy on the prairie of Iowa. I do not know whether this was in Winterset Iowa or some other small town in Iowa. When I last saw my grandmother it was 1976, she was in her late 90's and had lived most of her life in Keokuk, Iowa....Her son, my grandfather, had the opportunity to visit Wayne's Arizona ranch in the 70's & brought me back some rocks he picked up for me there while he visited...to my disappointment my grandfather did not get to meet the Duke. (I was told he was in Hollywood making a movie)

As an adult, the code that the Duke lived his life by helps to provide me with a solid moral compass. If you ask yourself, "How would the Duke handle this situation?" The answer, invariably, is that his solution to every problem was to confront every challenge with honesty, integrity, and courage...not a bad guy to look up to!

I am glad I have discovered this on-line community and look forward to learning, discussing, and sharing our passion for the legacy that is John Wayne.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Hi Patrick

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

It's so interesting to hear of your family connection with Duke.
    Please feel free, to join in and let us know more.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello Patrick. Welcome to the website. I look forward to getting to know you and possibly hearing more of your stories.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Welcome roadsong. I think you will find most here believe in the code John Wayne gave the world. Look forward to more stories of the duke in the future.

• Hello and welcome to our forum, roadsong66. You found the right place to be for a die hard fan of John Wayne. Don't be shy, jump right in and enjoy yourself.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• welcome to the JWMB roadsong66,hope to hear from you

cheers luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Wow! Welcome RoadSong66 from a former Chicago-an. Your family background experience with The Duke is so interesting. As newbies also we hope that you enjoy the JWMB as much as we do and that we'll hear from you often!

Very Best,
    OT Xtras[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]