Duke fan in MD introducing himself

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,684 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey folks, my name's Rob. I'm 29 years old and live in Bel Air, MD. I discovered this site a few months back, but had kind of forgot about it until I started getting emails reminding me to come back and visit, so I did. I'm excited to join a community of fellow John Wayne fans, as I don't have many friends who appreciate his films. My favorite Duke films (for now, as I like all of the man's movies and this list can probably change with the wind) include:

The Shootist
    El Dorado
    The Sons Of Katie Elder
    Donovan's Reef
    Flame Of Barbary Coast
    McLintock!
    The Quiet Man

Growing up, one of the local UHF stations used to show older movies at 2 AM, and I used to tape all the John Wayne movies and watch them after school the next day. We didn't have cable, so that was my introduction to John Wayne and I've never looked back. Fortunately I've been able to upgrade those old, well-worn VHS tapes with many of the great Duke DVDs and box sets that have come out in the past few years.

I know I'm gonna have a good time here so thanks for being a part of a great forum. Take care.