What I am doing today --- enjoying etc

There are 193 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 47,288 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Looking for another cold snap come Wednesday like last week, just not quite as cold and no precipitation with it.

I've always tolerated cold better than heat but this past week was a bit much for these old bones. I was actually saying I wish summer, or even spring, would come to life. :laugh:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• thanks for all the nice words,wife came home today,little emma is still in hospital as she had a problem with drinking the bottle.she's getting much better i expect her home either thursday or friday.she was 3 weeks early.thanks again:wink_smile:

• thanks for all the nice words,wife came home today,little emma is still in hospital as she had a problem with drinking the bottle.she's getting much better i expect her home either thursday or friday.she was 3 weeks early.thanks again:wink_smile:

Give your darling daughter a kiss and tell her that all her Yank cousins send their love and best wishes for a long and very happy life.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• she will get there and then you had better look out she will thrive and grow so quick, give our love to them both and all the best

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• my wife gave birth to a baby girl on friday morning.mother and baby doing well.

thanks for all the nice words,wife came home today,little emma is still in hospital as she had a problem with drinking the bottle.she's getting much better i expect her home either thursday or friday.she was 3 weeks early.thanks again:wink_smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!
    What a blessing! We're so happy for you!
    Be prepared to be amazingly IN LOVE with that sweet little bundle!

Give your darling daughter a kiss and tell her that all her Yank cousins send their love and best wishes for a long and very happy life.

she will get there and then you had better look out she will thrive and grow so quick, give our love to them both and all the best.

Yeah . . . what they said! We wish you the very best!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• parenting is the gift that never ends and is a mutual opportunity for child & parent to feel and demonstrate, grow with and learn from love for each other. It's a lucky person who is a part of this relationship when the heart and hands are working together. perhaps the glue that welds society into a viable whole. DNA is primal and love is the best byproduct of all that we are, can be and all that our ancestors have learned and passed on. Walk tall brother we all share in your joy. murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• After averting a disaster this week( long story short, we had warm temps which started melting the snow rapidly and I had a drain tile in 1 or our egress windows clog up and the pit filled up with water, we had water just come up to the window and get into our basement, damp but not soaked carpet and the drywall is ok), I will be taking it easy. I do have to work this evening but I will get a day off next week. Maybe I will try and put up a ceiling fan....the joys of home ownership!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello All We have had some Spring and some late Winter weather. Today the wind runs through the trees like a grandparents hand ruffs the hair as it touches a grand child's head in a moment of demonstrated love.

• Saturday, was a fantastic day. The weather was perfect and the yard work long. My body is telling me that Saturday night. Sunday was what it was suppose to be, a day of rest. I went to church as an usher, and we celebrated Holy Comunion which we do every first Sunday of each month. The crowds were low, but not too surprising since I usher the 11 am service and most of the people were went early to enjoy the weather.

Monday, back to work but will be going to sign up a new partner that evening, which will get me a much needed bonus in commisions. It is getting better. Really need to talk to my UK buddies about something special. Hope to talk to you soon.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• working well we all have to have something to be cheerful about, was getting a temp department mang. he was there for about 2 hours and went home sick not going to be back for the week so went back to running the department again learning so much just a few things that i cant do but will learn

cheers smokey

• Hello All Smokey I wish you all the best and my hopes for an opportunity to work at a level that respects your ability.

• thanks kilo
    deparment mang is coming back on monday am really glad about that as these last 2 weeks were really tiring doing the work of two but had a good time learned things.

cheers smokey
    ps week end off glad about that :wink_smile:

• Well, looks like I’m writing another Western….a sequel to a play we did for the Red River Theatre Company three years ago called “Shooting Sundown”. When the play closed I told one of the theatre directors about an idea I had for another story. I had put it aside and forgotten about it, and thought that they had too! Then, this weekend the guy asked, “Where’s our play?” I had to promise to start working on it as soon as I could!

It’s a Western-Comedy-Murder Mystery! This one involves the main character from the last one, Layne “Sundown” Robbins, who’s now “the cowboy detective”; the owner operator of the “Sundown Detective Agency”. His first major case is to solve a series of murders on a Mississippi River Boat”

The working title is “Muddy Water”.

Wish me luck!

• having 5 days off easter and ANZAC day happen at the same time havent had this many days off in one go am going to enjoy them, taking the lad to see fast and furious 5 on the saturday

cheers smokey