What I am doing today --- enjoying etc

There are 193 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 47,333 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am so sorry, Smokey. I've lost several loved pets over the years and it always hurts deeply. My condolences.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• can someone tell me why saturday and sunday go so much faster than monday and tuesday? went for a swim this morning before work ( our local pool opens at 7 and there are always the same 6 or 7 people there at that time). monday is always the busiest day of the week at work but it always puts everyone in a better mood when the sun is shining (which it was today)
    just taken our jack russell for a walk through the fields - you have to time the walks carefully as later in the evening the cows seem to wander out into the lane and, although everyone says they are more scared of you than you are of them, i m never brave enough to walk through them. tea is on for the family, and after tea there is homework to sort and football on tv. it is the exciting part of our season with all the play offs and promotion and relegation battles....

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Hello All
    The two weeks prior to mothers day are the peak of the potted plant / cut flower sales year. Happy mothers day to all members who are and all the mothers of members and pretty much all mothers everywhere. May 3rd 24 years ago I was fortunate and was married that day. May 5th a son became twenty. May 7th my parents had their 62nd anniversary. May 8th a daughter was 22 and her sisters graduation ceremony happened. There is a provincial election on and a neighbor asked me to canvass for the Canadian cancer society because someone could not do their area, and it was supposed to be done May 1st. Today and yesterday I am breathing and trying to rest up a little but work starts at 1;30 sigh.
    Sorry to hear about your friends Erthomp and Smokey They have returned to the earth and yet they live on in many hearts, you have placed your words of their passing on the Internet on this board. Who amongst us has never loved a non human friend.
    Chester I have not been on the board for some time. I am very happy to read that we will meet in Winterset. I am coming with a cousin from a family farm in Alberta. Spring planting was delayed this year due to abnormal weather and he was not sure if he could make it. Looks like he can so there will two Canadians coming into Town -- nice. Is anyone else joining us? I would appreciate hearing about it, if they are. take care all you great people good luck with lay offs SX they should be so lucky to have you . murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• thanks guys

she came home yesterday in her urn, she is still with us at least. couldnt put her in the ground as it is against the by-laws for this councel.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Sorry Smokey...

We recently had to put down our 12 1/2 year old Chow. I've never had a more loyal pet & still haven't gotten over the grief. She literally grew up with our children. I'd like to say that the pain goes away, but so far it hasn't for me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• I am working my business very hard right now. I have been talking to many people trying to figure a way to help them, but like everything, it's about time and money. Still trying to solve that one.

As for the project I am currently working on right now, it is some landscaping. We had a half dozen trees cut down last fall. Some were dead due to drought, and open the yard to more sunlight, which means trying to get some grass to grow, and some of this revived.

Going to St. Augustine next weekend to a regional convention for business. Anyone want to go. love to have you.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Right now I am catching up on the forum. Heading back to Atlanta at the end of the month. Thinking about my coming weekend, I have my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary. I am also thining about if I won the lottery!! hehehe!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• God bless your Grandparents, Todd. 70 years of wedded bliss. My Grandparents made it to 72 years before my Grandmom passed. I hope to make it 70 years married. I will if I add all three marriages together. :wink_smile:

Mark

• Been a few weeks in British Columbia and Alberta, and some more ahead. Driving oil miners´roads and exploring the surrounding bush. It´s called work too.

Here´s a pic from northern BC. Reminds me of The Searchers...

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Been a few weeks in British Columbia and Alberta, and some more ahead. Driving oil miners´roads and exploring the surrounding bush. It´s called work too.

I figure you folks way up north in Finland are accustomed to the kind of weather shown in your picture. However, I notice you're holding a good old cup of hot coffee. (or maybe hot chocolate). :wink_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I will if I add all three marriages together. :wink_smile:

Mark

I must confess that I'm kind of old-fashioned about marriage - the wife and I will celebrate our 50th next year (provided we live that long). I give all the credit for this to my wife, who's definitely a keeper (and who has probably the warmest, most loving and forgiving personality of anyone I've ever met. She even forgave a brief affair I had at about our 8th year of marriage.)

When we got married in November 1960, I was one of the world's worst sexists (thanks to my old grandpappy as a role model). But over the years I've mellowed and learned to heed my wife's opinions. I figured it was either me changing or I'd lose my wife and I sure didn't want to do that.

IMO, the pols have made it entirely too easy to divorce nowadays. This is not intended as criticism of you, Mark, but some people change spouses like they change their clothes. (And BTW, my mother was one of 'em - she was married four times; twice to my father. :blink:)

De gustibus non est disputandum

• No offense taken, Stumpy. I was too young the first time and too stupid the second. My third marriage has been a blessing. I have been with her for 18 years now and married for the last 11. I agree that it is too easy to get out of a marriage, or even into one. I council my children on this using me as a model. :wink_smile: But they see what a good marriage can be also, thanks to my loving wife.

Mark

• Well this Old 78 Year Old Man is Heading into his Third Childhood so what else is left to do, But Get A "Harley Custom Motercycle" and Hit The Road in My Leathers, and a Big Pair of Duke's Texas Long Horns on The Handle Bars !
    :wink_smile:
    I am Heading Up to Williams, Arizona this Morning for a Day of Duke Story Telling at The Wild West Junction Museum, and try to find a way to get "The Harley Motercycle" Home to the Verde Valley ?
    :violinist:
    You see I Have Not been on a Motercycle in Over 25 Years !!
    :sleepy:
    But I have a Friend that has been Ridding a Motercycle for Many Years that is going to Give My Lessons !!
    :laugh:
    For a Look See at "My New Harley" go to the Site Below !!!
    :vampire:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Wow, a S&S motor!!! You better be careful!!

Take it easy and have fun. I cannot imagine riding a bike out west in the great wide open. Maybe someday......someday.

-John Wayne

• Greetings from Yellowknife, it's as nice as it was the last time I visited, 11 years ago. It's wonderfully warm now - I even prefer bugs to cold. Wood Buffalo National Park has been the most interesting place; there I came to look into the eyes of a bear and a buffalo at a few yards distance. I surprised the buffalo, the bear surprised me, but nobody attacked and nobody ran.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Well we were dodging tornados last night. Tonight is still very muggy but all the active weather went north. We should get a full nights sleep tonight.

-John Wayne