The 26 Bar Ranch

There are 200 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 109,459 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• When the stage reaches Dry Fork, the group is informed that the expected cavalry detachment has gone to Apache Wells. Buck wants to turn back, but Curly demands that the group vote.
    :thumbs_up:
    With only Buck and Peacock objecting, they proceed to Apache Wells. There, Mrs. Mallory faints when she hears that her husband had been wounded in battle and goes into labor. Doc Boone is called upon to assist the delivery and later, Dallas emerges holding a healthy baby.
    :ohmy:
    CHILIBILL
    :cowboy:
    "BELOW IS PART 3 OF "STAGECOACH THE SERIAL"

"JOHN WAYNE AMERICAN"
    ===================

• When the stage reaches Lee's Ferry, the passengers find the station and ferry burned, and those who were not killed have fled. They tie large logs to the sides of the stagecoach and float it across the river.
    :fear2:
    Just when they think that danger has passed, they are set-upon by a band of Apaches.
    :tongue1:
    Curly releases Ringo from his handcuffs to help repel the attack !!!
    :wink_smile:
    CHILIBILL
    BELOW IS PART 4 OF "STAGECOACH THE SERIAL"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJBNNH0eZ8Q

" STAGECOACH SERIAL 4."
    PART 4 OF THE "STAGECOACH SERIAL" !!!

• Hi Chili Bill, still haven't found that last post of mine your missed, so I am Thanks Bill, really enjoyed seeing the ranch. Also, was surprised to see Jim and Sue .....boy, Jim sure "shocked" me there for a minute....thought he was DUKE!

I know it was before your time with Duke, but do you know anything about the "Farm" that he and Ward owned? Did he ever tell you stories about it?
    Seems as if that was one of their favorite places way back when. I know Ward, in his will, offered for Duke to buy his half.....wonder if he ever did?

Thanks again for sharing, Bill. KPKEITHreposting this to see if you know. Hope so. Thanks KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• OLIVER13,
    THE 26 BAR RANCH WAS NAMED FOR A ROAD IN EASTERN ARIZONA !
    ==================================================
    Highway 260 is located at State Route 89A in Cottonwood and heads north east bound along much of the Mogollon Rim, finally ending at its junction with U.S. Route 180 and U.S. Route 191 in Eagar, Arizona, and Highway 260 is part of the National Highway System between Eagar, Show Low and Payson.
    :wink_smile:
    In the late 1800s, Stretches of this highway were known as
    "General George Crook Trail," during the Apache Indian War and went very near "Fort Apache" and was used for Supplies to the Fort, and to Eagar, Springerville 25 Miles to the Northeast, and Runs Right Through what is now called The 26 Bar Ranch !!
    (bud)

In the early 1900s. the Trail or Road was called Road 26 and went though the Ranch, so the Ranch became known as "THE 26 RANCH."
    BUT BECAUSE YOU HAD TO HAVE MORE THAN JUST NUMBERS ON YOUR BRANDING IRON FOR THE CATTLE, A BAR WAS ADDED BELOW THE 26 AND IT BECAME KNOWN AS "THE 26 BAR RANCH" !!!
    :biggrin:

Later the Road was taken over by Arizona Highways Department and was Renamed State Highways 260, and that is what it is called today, AND RUNS RIGHT THOUGH THE 26 BAR RANCH !!!!
    CHILIBILL

• Hi Chili Bill, Very interesting, thanks. Gonna ask the next thing again.

I know it was before your time with Duke, but do you know anything about the "Farm" that he and Ward owned? Did he ever tell you stories about it?
    Seems as if that was one of their favorite places way back when. I know Ward, in his will, offered for Duke to buy his half.....wonder if he ever did?

Thanks again for sharing, Bill. KPKEITHreposting this to see if you know. Hope so. Thanks KPKEITH

• Hello there Bill. Still can't get you to answer me. I have asked if you knew anything about whether or not Duke bought out Ward's half of their Farm where they always went hunting and partying? I understand if you didn't, just wanted to find out. Also, anything that Duke may have mentioned to you about Ward. Ward died in 1960, so maybe you don't know anything. Also, anything about Terry Wilson or Frank McGrath would be greatly appreciated. Sure hope to get out to the 26 Bar one day. Dying to try some of your famous Chili! Thanks, old lady Keith!

• THIS FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE FROM "ROUND VALLEY" AND THEN THOSE OF YOU THAT WISH YOU WERE FROM EAGAR, SPRINGERVILLE, ARIZONA ! :biggrin:
    THEN A SLIDE SHOW OF THIS BEAUTIFUL PART OF ARIZONA AND THEN A TOUR OF JOHN WAYNE'S 26 BAR RANCH HERE IN ROUND VALLEY, ARIZONA THAT HE HAD IN THE 1960S AND THE 1970S !!! :owned:
    CHILIBILL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…10&NR=1&feature=endscreen

SPRINGERVILLE, EAGAR , ARIZONA 2
    TOUR OF SPRINGERVILLE EAGAR, ARIZONA IN EASTERN ARIZONA

• Hi ChiliBill,

Kevin would not do that to you, would he?

Anyway, this is what I asked and you can email me at
    [email protected]

Hello there Bill. Still can't get you to answer me. I have asked if you knew anything about whether or not Duke bought out Ward's half of their Farm where they always went hunting and partying? I understand if you didn't, just wanted to find out. Also, anything that Duke may have mentioned to you about Ward. Ward died in 1960, so maybe you don't know anything. Also, anything about Terry Wilson or Frank McGrath would be greatly appreciated. Sure hope to get out to the 26 Bar one day. Dying to try some of your famous Chili! Thanks, old lady Keith!

• BACK IN THE LAST PART OF THE 1960s AND THE EARLY PART OF THE 1970s JOHN WAYNE AND HIS PARTNER LOUIS JOHNSON WOULD HAVE A CATTLE SALES AT THEIR "26 BAR RANCH" ! :wink_smile:
    THEY WERE KNOWN TO HAVE SOME OF THE BEST "HEREFORD CATTLE" IN THE WORLD AT THEIR RANCHES IN ARIZONA, THE 26 BAR RANCH IN THE NORTHEASTERN PART OF ARIZONA AND THE RED RIVER LAND AND CATTLE RANCH IN SOUTHERN ARIZONA !! :hyper:
    AFTER THE SALE WAS OVER IN THE AFTERNOON THEY WOULD SERVE UP WHAT WAS CALLED "26 BAR-B-Q BEEF" SANDWICHES TO THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THAT HAD COME TO THE CATTLE SALES . :thanksgiving:
    GO TO THE SITE BELOW AND SEE HOW YOU CAN MAKE UP THE SAME FOR YOURSELF JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AT
    "DUKE'S 25 BAR RANCH" !!!
    (bud)
    CHILIBILL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYWt6e7GjU

• Hi there Bud, Although I have seen it before many times, I enjoyed watching this again. Thanks for your posts and for finally answering me about WARD and Duke's FARM they shared in the earlier years. If you ever remember any stories Duke related about Ward and him, please let me know.

Thanks again for keeping us connected with an important part of Duke's history....the 26 Bar Ranch! KPKEITH

KPKEITH