What are the latest movies you bought on DvD/Blu-Ray?

There are 471 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,177 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• i bought hondo on blue ray,didnt watched it yet.also bought a johnny mack brown b western raiders of the border

• Three today and all Duke movies. They be: Island in the Sky, McLintock and The High and the Mighty. Im not really a big fan of the three-but like em anyway and needed them for the collection.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Three today and all Duke movies. They be: Island in the Sky, McLintock and The High and the Mighty. Im not really a big fan of the three-but like em anyway and needed them for the collection.

I'm surprised as McLintock and island in the sky are both highly rated Duke movies. Even high and mighty is pretty good. Are you more for Duke's war/western output?

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I'm surprised as McLintock and island in the sky are both highly rated Duke movies. Even high and mighty is pretty good. Are you more for Duke's war/western output?

I think McLintock is the best of that trio. The others are Ok but just not favorites of mine. Ive rarely seen the disaster movies but will watch them especially since AMC is playing nothing but horror garbage till Halloween passes.

Oh and, the powers that be at WM--tick me off to no end sometimes. They think that horror movies are sci-fi movies and they aint. Whoever is in charge of picking movies to sell and to place them--needs to get an education on the meaning of both terms--and a hardy kick in the backside just to remind them. The only sci-fi I see and they arent even on a regular basis that are for sale there-are the Star Trek movies and sometimes--Star Wars. Thing is--everybody or almost everybody already owns those and they NEEEEEED to start putting stuff out more often like the Ray Harryhausen movies like: Earth vs the Flying Saucers--and such as well as other classics like: It Came From Another World, The Time Machine, Zone Troopers, THEM! The Creature From the Black Lagoon--The Invisible Man, The Mummy, The Wolfman, The Lost World, Sinbad, The Last Dinosaur, Starship Invasions, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot, Day the Earth Stood Still, Frankenstein, Dracula (yup--I know those can be classified as early horror--but horror they aint--at least not by todays sick standards.

I guess put my Duke favorites this way---I love most of his War and Western--but cant stand the love stuff or something like his Detective movies. Harry Callaghan he aint--Davy Crockett and Sgt. Stryker--he is ;-))

PS, THIS WILL irritate many here to say that--I dont care much for: The Quiet Man and Shepard of the Hills--but I will still watch them.

Gimme Stagecoach, Allegheny Uprising, Hondo, Sand of Iwo Jima, Back To Bataan, Jet Pilot, etc any day.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Couldnt pas this up today since its been a long time since WM offered somehting new in the movies dept as well as in Westerns I did not already have all of. Just picked up a 3-pack of Westerns and they include:

Man From Colorado w/ Glenn Ford.
    Man From Laramie w/ James Stewart and Arthur Kennedy.
    The Man In the Saddle w/ Randolph Scott.

Peter has me on a Randolph Scott kick now ;-))

• Couldnt pas this up today since its been a long time since WM offered somehting new in the movies dept as well as in Westerns I did not already have all of. Just picked up a 3-pack of Westerns and they include:

Man From Colorado w/ Glenn Ford.
    Man From Laramie w/ James Stewart and Arthur Kennedy.
    The Man In the Saddle w/ Randolph Scott.

Peter has me on a Randolph Scott kick now ;-))

I'm pleased to hear it!
    It wouldn't be fair me being the only one 'accidentally' ordering films!:wink_smile:

• Bought the Blu-ray version of The Amazing Spider Man. Thought it was a pretty darn good movie. Little different than the ones from a few years ago, but still well done.

About a week ago, bought the Blu-rays of Goldfinger and Thunderball. Both look stunning in the Blu-ray format. Gonna have to get more.

• Criterion blues of "Stagecoach", "Paths of Glory" and "The Seven Samurai". "Stagecoach is the only one of I've watched so far. The opening titles were a bit ragged and looked pretty worn but then the film proper started and the movie has never looked better. A real improvement over any version I've ever seen.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Criterion blues of "Stagecoach", "Paths of Glory" and "The Seven Samurai". "Stagecoach is the only one of I've watched so far. The opening titles were a bit ragged and looked pretty worn but then the film proper started and the movie has never looked better. A real improvement over any version I've ever seen.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch nice to hear another Criterion person on here!

I have those 3 titles and can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

• Gorch nice to hear another Criterion person on here!

I have those 3 titles and can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

I think I have 2-3 Criterion titles. One was: A Night To Remember and ive been wanting The Seven Samurai.

• Nice selection.
    Moonrise kingdom is a geat little film.
    I'm biased as I love Wes Anderson, Rushmore is still my fave!:wink_smile:

• Wow, Paula, that's an eclectic batch of titles. When you get around to viewing Von Ryan would you mind posting what you thought of the transfer? I heard it wasn't the best so I'm on the fence about buying it.

We deal in lead, friend.