Hello to all Duke Fans

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,285 times. The latest Post () was by MKotyk24.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello I have been a john Wayne fan all my life. My favorite move was the Quiet man. Does anyone know who makes the cap he wore in the movie? and can a person still get one today? Thanks and any help would be great.

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Inova. I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll bet dollars to donuts someone here does. So, while your waiting for your answer, take a look around and feel free to jump in anywhere.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Inova,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind on the 'net! We are a friendly, knowledgeable fan community with members from all around the world! I hope you have a good time here.

While I don't have an answer to your question, there's always a possibility that one of our members does. I've copied your question to the thread dedicated to The Quiet Man, so others may see it there as well (your question appears on the last page of the thread).

Again - welcome!

Chester :newyear: (the Mrs. :angel1:) says "Howdy!" too)

• Thanks Dukefan 1 for the reply. Im glad i found this site. John Wayne fans are always friendly.

• Hi Inova, welcome to the forums. If you are talking about the cap in the beginning of the movie, that is a Irish Tweed cap. I think it is a Donegal tweed.
    I get mine from Hats of Ireland, and Mizenhead is another manufacturer.
    My oldest is 17 years and it still look like new.