Harris Poll 2010 - Favorite Actor - Duke STILL in Top Ten!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by patrick55.

• Harris Poll 2010 - Favorite Actor - Duke STILL in Top Ten!

John Wayne does it again!! He's STILL in the Harris Poll Top Ten Favorite Actors, in the #7 spot!

As y'all know, he's done what NO one has done before - been the ONLY dead actor to have made the Harris Poll Top Ten EVERY year since the poll started, in 1993 (in fact, the only dead star to have ever appeared on the list).

Just thought you'd want to know!

Chester :newyear:

The post was edited 1 time, last by chester7777 ().

• Re: Harris Poll 2010 - Favorite Actor - Duke STILL in Top Ten!

And if you notice, he is the only actor to be on it every year since it started. Not bad for a man who's last movie was 1977.
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Just think where he would be if we had a vote.He would never leave number one.
      As James Cagney once said "Look mom top of the world".
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

dukefan1 wrote:

And if you notice, he is the only actor to be on it every year since it started. Not bad for a man who's last movie was 1977.

Thanks, Mark, for that clarification!

Yes, Duke is the ONLY actor, dead or alive, to be on the list every year since it's inception in 1993.

He is the only DEAD actor to ever be on it at all.

chester7777 wrote:

Thanks, Mark, for that clarification!

Yes, Duke is the ONLY actor, dead or alive, to be on the list every year since it's inception in 1993.

He is the only DEAD actor to ever be on it at all.

Jim!
      A little clarification. As long as good folks like you and the members of this board are around, Duke will always be alive. He just taking a brake between fims for a while.:cowboy:
      Or so I tell myself.
      ''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Duke was, and is, a magnificent American actor. When you think about, who else could ever replace him in people's hearts?

As we've mentioned in other posts, the trick is to pass on his heritage to younger generations. Once they find him, Duke does the rest.

We deal in lead, friend.

chester7777 wrote:

John Wayne does it again!! He's STILL in the Harris Poll Top Ten Favorite Actors, in the #7 spot!

As y'all know, he's done what NO one has done before - been the ONLY dead actor to have made the Harris Poll Top Ten EVERY year since the poll started, in 1993 (in fact, the only dead star to have ever appeared on the list).

Just thought you'd want to know!

Not surprising, when you consider the competition. :))):
      De gustibus non est disputandum

I was impressed with this years list. Just curious as to how Johnny Depp got #2. I did like seeing Sandra Bullock in there considering her busy schedule, but it is always great to see Duke in there.

I was a little disappointed that fewer of Duke's movies were shown on TV or it seemed to me that, and no release of any of his remaining DVD's. I think that some of his movies were released on Blue Ray in 2009.

If not Duke, then Clint is just fine.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

IMO, the results shown for this Harris "Poll" are skewed to show favorite actors/actresses of the younger generations because except for the Duke and maybe Eastwood, all the performers on the list are those who have come along in the past 15-20 years and as we all know, there were Hollywood figures of the past who put people like Johnny Depp, George Clooney and Denzil Washington to shame. Such as Paul Newman, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Errol Flynn, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas and many others I could name.

I've said it before but it bears repeating - what we have in cultural preferences today shows clear evidence of a strong "generation gap". All you have to do is scan the results of favorite movie polls, or favorite music polls, or favorite whatever polls.
      De gustibus non est disputandum

I was just wondering how the poll is tabulated. Does anyone know?
      Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

Tbone wrote:

I was just wondering how the poll is tabulated. Does anyone know?

Tbone, I think if you click on the link, there's some good information on the page as to how the results are determined. It would appear the question is asked "Who is your favorite actor?" with no further prompting (i.e., it seems they don't offer any names). It was an online poll of 2,276 adults 18 and over, between December 7 and 14, 2009. There's other information there as well, that might better answer your question.

Mrs. C :angel1: