Howdy from Massachusetts

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,942 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy,
    I just discovered the John Wayne forum. I have been a fan for years, since I was a kid. A little about myself, I was a US Navy Photographer from 1972-1976 and was stationed at the Naval Air Station Pensacola Florida (where “The Wings of Eagles” was shot) and then on the USS Independence CV-62.
    I have recently gotten into Cowboy Action Shooting, hence my alias of “Ben Cartwright” my SASS moniker. I have started casting my own bullets from wheelweights in a hobby blacksmith shop I built in my backyard. I am into HO Trains, Genealogy, working in my garden, and scroll sawing. My wife has a antique firetruck I bought her that we drive in parades and get to work on and drive, the lights and sirens work.

I created a website for my Dad who fought on IWO JIMA with the 4th Marine Division, survived the entire battle and saw the flag go up
    Check it out at www.hq224usmc.com there are lots of battle photos and more!

I also have a genealogy website I built: http://www.padell.org

I would like to look like Hondo Lane, but look more like Rooster Cogburn (but no eye patch).

me and 1981 Chevy mini-pumper

Ben Cartwright SASS
    a good motto to live by
    "WWJWD"
    What would John Wayne Do"

• A BIG HELLOand welcome friend.
    From what I can see from your pictures, this place is going to is going to fit your pistol.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Hi Ben

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Ben,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the Original John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind anywhere on the Internet! You have joined a friendly, knowledgeable international community of John Wayne fans, and we look forward to your contributions.

We hope you'll check out the many threads about John Wayne, his films, co-stars, etc.

Have fun!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

P.S. Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Pretty cool 'toy' your wife has there!

• Welcome to the site Sir, and I also respectfully suggest if you have time? to please check out www.ww2f.com--which is a great site about all things WWII. We even have several WWII Vets who actively post there-their names are in blue so are easy to spot.

Take care-_Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hey Ringo, I already had this site bookmarked. It is very impressive! I need to add a link to my site for it!

Ben Cartwright SASS
    a good motto to live by
    "WWJWD"
    What would John Wayne Do"