The Official Maureen O'Hara Magazine Web-Site

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• The Official Maureen O'Hara Magazine Web-Site

This note from June Parker Beck
    Hi Keith,
    I am the editor/designer for
    The official Maureen O'Hara website - Maureen O'Hara Magazine.
    The site has been on line since 1995 and it has been
    quite an adventure knowing Maureen
    and having her input and support in this endeavor.
    She's a very gracious, lovely lady.
    I found the message forum this morning.

So glad you have a discussion group on Maureen.
    With her Legacy Center in the works,
    we can use all the publicity we can get.

June Parker Beck

Please visit her official website at
    Maureen O'Hara Magazine

Kevin wrote:

This was in my inbox today and thought I'd share it here.

There are some plans in the works with Ms. O'Hara to publish an "official" Maureen O'Hara collector's magazine. It would be a hardcopy, up-scale (glossy art paper), one edition publication that would be made available for fans to purchase on the web and perhaps even in bookstores.

I am anxious to hear from fans as to what they would like to read about Ms. O'Hara - any particular movies, photos, films, etc. Probably most importantly, would you purchase such a magazine? Do you like to see her family photos - behind-the-scenes pictures from films, etc?

I can't emphasize enough that this is still just an idea, but my rationale is that the website can't go on forever, and this might be a way to get a more tangible version of all the information gathered over the years with lots of pictures, etc. There is also a possibility that it could be designed, made into a PDF file and people could view it on line. This would give them an opportunity to either print out the magazine themselves, or extract just the pages they want to print out. PDF files are universal and easily opened by any computer system.

I welcome any and all of your ideas. Please email me at [email protected] if you have a minute and let me know what you think.

Thanks so much, June Parker Beck, Editor, Maureen O'Hara Magazine

I would encourage all who haven't signed up to June's newsletter to do so. June does a great job covering all things Maureen O'Hara. moharamagazine.com/
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

The post was edited 7 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: The Official Maureen O'Hara Magazine Web-Site

Here is a note from June Parker Beck
    - I M P O R T A N T N O T I C E -
    I received a call from Carolyn Murphy, Maureen O'Hara's assistant in Ireland this morning. They will now curtail completely any autograph requests by mail - even those under the most recent "donation in exchange for a photograph" policy. They simply do not have the staff to process it all (even with donations) and it is very taxing on Ms. O'Hara at her advanced age.. The only autographs that can be obtained subsequent to this date will be if a fan is in Ireland when she is making an appearance (which will now be considerably lessened due to her age).

Ms. O'Hara has made herself available for autographs throughout her sixty-plus year movie career via mail and at public events Now it's time to kick back
    and enjoy her legacy of films for this and future generations. She's earned her retirement.

Fans are discouraged from sending requests regardless of the new rules, thinking they will be the "exception."

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England