Davy Crockett (1954-1955)

There are 47 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 41,028 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Forgot, Booneville, NC is down the road a piece from me. Although Boone did not live here...he lived about an hour and a half south, he used to come to this area on the Yadkin River to hunt and fish. There was a huge old hollow tree that he used to sleep in when he camped. The town was named for him after he became famous because of his frequent and lengthy visits. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I was twelve when Davy Crockett came out and that song was all over the place. We sang it and loved the shows. Fess Parker and Buddy Epson were wonderful people for those parts.
    Honor ,Quality and Character just oozes out of Fess, a great gentle example for kids.
    I don't remember seeing anything about the alamo on TV. I probably am mixing Daniel Boone and
    Davy Crockett up. We also studied those two characters in school or just read books about at the time.
    It helped learn a bit of history.

Kim Darby was a contentious character in the movie, so to be contentious out of the movie may have helped her character in the movie. Also time can change your perspective on things. Kim may realize how much of an honor it was to be in that picture and appreciate it much more.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited 2 times, last by colkid60 ().