Charlton Heston

There are 85 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,355 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Spooky story Arthur,
    I hope there are no ghosts if I visit you!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Here's the image of Charlton Heston's autograph that I scanned from the book in which he wrote it. Next to Duke's autograph that I have in the book "Shooting Star", I treasure this most among my many collectibles.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Back in the Early 1980s when we were still doing the T.V. show "Chilibill's Kitchen" and the Documentarys for The Hearst, I got a call from California, I was now in Sedona, Arizona.
    The man on The Phone in a Very Rich Male Voice said,
    "Is This Bill Brooks" ?
    I said "Yes this is Bill Brooks."
    He Said "This is Charlton Heston and I was told to call you by Bill Hearst Jr."
    I was Shocked !
    He wanted me to give him Info. on my Production Company that was Called C.B.K. Productions, and at this time Charlton was Heading up what was called
    "The American Film Institute"
    So I told Him all He wanted to know about C.B.K. Produtions .
    Then I said "How Much Money Do I need to send to The Institute"? He said "Don't worry about it Bill Hearst Jr. said He would care of it."
    In about a Week I Got My "American Film Institute" Card and it was Sighed By Charlton Heston !!!
    I still Have The Card and The Papers that He sent with it.
    A few years later I ran in to Him in Phoenix at The N.R.A. Meeting that was held there that year and told Him the Story as I remembered it.
    He Said "Oh I remember That , How is Old Bill Hearst Jr. ?"
    Bill

• Awesome, WaynamoJim! That can only be a rare treat that most of us will never enjoy in our lives. Could you scan that autograph for us to see. We'd love to see it.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

I would have to look for it. I've got it put away somewhere and I have a bad habit of putting things in a good safe place that I will remember, then I forget where that place was. But I guarantee you, it looks just like the one Gorch posted earlier.

• I would have to look for it. I've got it put away somewhere and I have a bad habit of putting things in a good safe place that I will remember, then I forget where that place was. But I guarantee you, it looks just like the one Gorch posted earlier.

I can relate good buddy, I can. :blink:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Does anyone know or heard anything about a release on the film 55 DAYS AT PEKING?
    I have wanted to have this flim in my library for a long time.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Does anyone know or heard anything about a release on the film 55 DAYS AT PEKING?

You can go to 55 Days At Peking. This should be a way get this for you under $20. Hope this helps.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Ive seen them listed for sale in region 1 on ebay. These are printed by some company in South korea. They also have another great movie out-which is: A Time To Love and a Time To Die. Ive been wanting copies of both for ages now.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ive seen them listed for sale in region 1 on ebay. These are printed by some company in South korea. They also have another great movie out-which is: A Time To Love and a Time To Die. Ive been wanting copies of both for ages now.

Thanks Carl I did just pick up a copy off of amazon. I only hope it's a good copy. I do not know if it's from Korea or not/.

• Cheers Bill, glad to help a fellow Heston fan out ;-)) On 55 Days At Peking: I rented a copy of it from Netflix and I seem to recall it was a fairly good copy but still needed improvement. This one had Asian characters on it so im assuming this one wa Korean printed? It's good enough for me to think about adding it to my collection since I have no hopes left for an American Company to release it. Others I wish they would release include: Counterpoint (another Heston movie I love) Prisoner of War-a Korean War Ronald Reagan PW movie i'd love to see again, as well as Hannible Brooks.

Its been what? almost TWO years since we lost Heston-and Richard Widmark for that matter, and it still hurts much to think about it.

• I just watched my copy of the WARLORD a little known Heston film made in 67. costaring Richard boone. Directed by Franklin Schaffner of Patton fame.

• I just watched my copy of the WARLORD a little known Heston film made in 67. costaring Richard boone. Directed by Franklin Schaffner of Patton fame.

I love Warlord, that was an excellent Heston/Boone movie.

Now I just wish I could make a deal with someone here who can buy these movies for me since I cannot set up a paypal account on ebay to get them.

• Carl, I don't know if you can still do it but, sometimes on Ebay, instead of bidding on an item, you can "Buy It Now". That way, you can just send the seller a money order for the item you want. I did that a few years ago when I bought a dvd of The Alamo: The Directors Cut from some guy in Singapore.

• Hi Jim, I seem to be a bit cursed when it comes to finding people on ebay who take money orders. Most I contact only do paypal. I did find one person this morning who said they do take Money Orders but only had one movie I wanted and for $20--instead of the under $10 I see listed by the only paypal dealers :(

• As part of a mini-series. Screen Legends,
    I have copied over from the R.I.P. thread,
    and created this tribute to Charlton Herston.
    There was a lot written about him when he passed away,
    and there still posts about his movies.
    It seemed fitting not to let the thread slide down
    the board.

Charlton Heston said of Duke's role in
    The Greatest Story Ever Told

There are actor's who can do period roles,
    and there are actor's who can't....
    God know's Duke Wayne couldn't play
    a first century Roman!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• I wish he had ran for Pres. I think he would have been just as good if not even better than Reagan-and you all know how much I greatly liked Reagan-and its hard for me to even say that bit ;-))

• hi im looking for a western that charlton heston did.i cant find it anywhere, the name of the film is the savage.hope some one can tell me if its avaible.