Von Ryan's Express (1965)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: Classic War Movies- Von Ryan's Express (1965)

One of my favorites as well. Back in '65 I wrote a fan letter to the attention of Frank Sinatra at 20th Century Fox. Some publicist sent me a pressbook and 50 press stills. Still got them, Ringo.
      Next time you watch this one, pay attention to Jerry Goldsmith's score. It isn't a long one, but the scene with the train in Rome is perfect.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch wrote:

One of my favorites as well. Back in '65 I wrote a fan letter to the attention of Frank Sinatra at 20th Century Fox. Some publicist sent me a pressbook and 50 press stills. Still got them, Ringo.
      Next time you watch this one, pay attention to Jerry Goldsmith's score. It isn't a long one, but the scene with the train in Rome is perfect.

We deal in lead, friend.

Cool story, I'm green over here :wink_smile:
      I clearly remember first seeing this all on my own on a Saturday afternoon as a kid, folks must have locked me in with the TV to keep me quiet lol, and it's remained one of my faves to this day.

Goldsmith is my favourite film composer, I don't feel anyone can touch him with his breadth of musical styles.
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

Gorch wrote:

We deal in lead, friend.

Nice story and will do Bill ;-)) I always liked the theme music to it. Also, you dont se but 1-2 movies that also features a twin engined Mustang--one of my favorite fighters of the war.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

For got to mention, about 2 years ago--I got most of a lobby card set or either color stillls? for this movie. I THINK they were posted here somewhere?
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

The Ringo Kid wrote:

For got to mention, about 2 years ago--I got most of a lobby card set or either color stillls? for this movie. I THINK they were posted here somewhere?

Carl, they were not posted in this thread!!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England