Yes ma'm, just has hard as i could

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,743 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does anyone know which film this scenario took place:

John wayne hit this man & some woman says to him, "you hit that poor man" & he replies, "yes ma'm, just as hard as i could..."

• Betty,

First of all, WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! You have joined with a friendly, knowledgeable group of fans that come from all around the world!

In answer to your question, the movie is Tall in the Saddle, one of our (personal) favorite John Wayne movies! The woman has been a thorn in Duke's character's side throughout the whole movie, and she is unaware of the whole situation, just knows what (she thinks) she sees.

I highly recommend the movie!

Again, welcome!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Betty

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Sometimes you have to just smile when you think of classic lines from the JW legacy of films.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I'm sure the line was used in at least one other Wayne film-I think A MAN BETRAYED-Duke belts Ward Bond inside a store or office and walks out and the same verbal exchange takes place with a woman on the street-