Wagon Master (1950)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: John Ford- Wagon Master (1950)

Ya didn't need ta watch it or read it, just put Ben's pic on so I won't have to go and find the others, and say it was his first, etc. I will do it......swamped though I am also, LOL. Heard from my old investigative reporter from Channel 13 in St. Pete....he couldn't believe it was me, LOL. Too late for the Newman article though. So I will put it off until his birthday. Lloyd is going to get me pics of the start of the race when I was on the track with Paul's partner Jim, the one who was killed. I was the last one to talk to him before he hit the wall. Also, he is sending me a DVD of the LIVE AT FIVE interview he did of me so very many years ago, LOL!
      OK, I will try to find the rest of Ben's pics and post them. HAGO, Keith

I write an article on the anniversary of Ward Bond's death, November 5, 1960, every year. This time, I was asked by Speakeasy to write one to go along with her super biography of Ward, (if you haven't read it, please do...it is the best I have read). Mine is not meant to be anything other than a little something that most folks didn't know about him and to always convey the special relationship that Ward, Duke and Pappy had. If you care to read it, you will find it at the link below. Would love a comment here, but if you could put on on Speakeasy also, it will help me to get more article requests by other bloggers.
      Anyway, here is a little something about "my guy"....the one who brought me to appreciate Duke as much as I do now. HAGO, KEITH

hqofk.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/wagon-master/
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

It's all lovey-dovey over at the Ben Johnson Screencaps page this week since tomorrow is Valentine's Day. :) On Monday I posted a lovely publicity pic of Ben and Terry Moore taken for Mighty Joe Young, and today I posted this picture from the Wagon Master dance sequence:

I was looking through my Wagon Master scans and realized I had completely forgotten that I had scanned in these two pictures featuring Ward Bond and I thought I better post them, especially for Keith. :) I did add them to my "Wagon Master Photos and Lobby Cards" album at the Ben page too, even though Ben is not in them. :)

Quite an accomplishment Paula, way to go. And, they are some of the best I have seen. Some of them, the artists weren't that great. These, everyone looks like themselves! Really nice. KEITH

I've added several more Wagon Master photos to my Ben webpage since I last posted -- you can see them all at benjohnsonfanpage.shutterfly.com/photogallery/101. (Download from Shutterfly to get the nice big versions of the scans.)

I'm posting my latest one because I'm sure our friend Hawkswill will love it as it features Ward Bond most prominently. (You can see Ben in the back sitting his horse and holding onto the rope.) ;)

Paula wrote:

I've added several more Wagon Master photos to my Ben webpage since I last posted -- you can see them all at benjohnsonfanpage.shutterfly.com/photogallery/101. (Download from Shutterfly to get the nice big versions of the scans.)

I'm posting my latest one because I'm sure our friend Hawkswill will love it as it features Ward Bond most prominently. (You can see Ben in the back sitting his horse and holding onto the rope.) ;)

Have spoken to you since then Paula.........but thanks for the Ward Pic! I have some Ben ones that I think you might not have........got them from our stuntman...new to the group. But, put them on my EHD and the cord has short in it.....have one ordered and I will send them over. Thanks again................KEITH